need help wanting to buy.

grant h

First things first, congratulations on wanting to join the dark side :woohoo: My first yak was an Emotion mojo from anaconda which was good but now I have a Hobie. My sujestion would be to keep an eye out on AKFF and KFDU forums for second hand yaks that are already kitted out with sounders etc. Also have a look on ebay there has been a few fishing kayaks fully decked out going cheap lately. Serghut is selling his Hobie, deffinetly worth a look :)

Have a look at Viking at Chermside. I have an Espri and Profish and rate both highly. The Espri is roughly $900 new with the fish kit and is a good starting point (I had planed to sell it but can't part with it :( ). Plenty of fishing yaks out there and I have tried some of the cheaper ones and the Vikings are easier to paddle and track better IMO - you get what you pay for I spose.

Cheers.
/>http://www.vikingkayak.com.au/fishing_kayaks.htm

sent you a PM Grant.

might want to come out on a kayak adventure first on a borrowed yak. Its not for everyone, so might be wise to give it a go first. And once you fish next to a hobie, the brain starts ticking over ways to save the pennies for it. I'm such a tight arse I still can't believe I spent so much on piece of plastic.

tomca wrote:

sent you a PM Grant.

might want to come out on a kayak adventure first on a borrowed yak. Its not for everyone, so might be wise to give it a go first. And once you fish next to a hobie, the brain starts ticking over ways to save the pennies for it. I'm such a tight arse I still can't believe I spent so much on piece of plastic.

Yep, good point.

WayneD has a tempo for sale. I rate them higher than a profish for longer sessions on the water. With the amount you want to spend, all I can say is: let the pimping begin!
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/13-for-sale/282034-viking-tempo-700

Archived