Legacy Week Donation Campaign

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: Legacy Week Donation Campaign **

Legacy Week - Sunday 29 August to Saturday 4 September 2010 

Badge Day - Friday 3 September

Brisbane Fishing Online is running a donation campaign to raise money for Legacy. We ask the AFO community to just forgo a morning coffee or a beer at the pub to help this unique organisation support the veteran's families and help reach our goal of $300. We hope the AFO spirit will help raise the money so please take the 30 seconds to donate, whatever you can afford, to help this tremendous organisation.

Brisbane Fishing Online is proud once again to support Legacy in Queensland. Legacy is a tremendous organisation that helps everyday Australian families of those that have served their country. With the current operations in Afghanistan, Iraq and ongoing peacekeeping deployments in the Solomon Islands, Timor Leste and many more it is again imperative that this organisation is supported by the community. Recently there have been several Brisbane soldiers that have paid the ultimate sacrifice and it with help from Legacy that their family are supported. The funds raised from this year’s Legacy Week Appeal will help Legacy continue to assist 115,000 widows and 1,900 children and people with disabilities Australia-wide, with essential services such as, counselling, special housing, medical, advocacy and social support.

Legacy week - Australia’s iconic fundraising campaign since 1942. It is also known for its Badge Day and the iconic badges offered as a token of appreciation for the donation made by the public. Legacy week is the annual national appeal to raise awareness and funds for the families of our deceased Veterans. It is held in towns and cities big and small across Australia and supported by young and old.

Public support will also help Legacy nurture children’s education, by contributing towards their school fees, books, uniforms, and recreational activities to aid their self development and confidence. There are thousands of Australian Defence Force personnel currently deployed overseas. Legacy stands ready to assist their families should the worst happen. Help keep the promise by becoming a volunteer or donor now. All funds raised will help continue our essential role in the community. Legacy would like to thank their National Partners the Commonwealth Bank, Thales and Telstra, members of the ADF, and the many volunteers, schools, services and businesses for their support of our annual Appeal. It is the lifeblood to our existence

smitty wrote:

does the tax deduction still apply done this way or would direct through legacys site be better

You get a confirmation email from AFO .

To: rayke1938@yahoo.com.auDear raykennedy,

Thank you very much for making a donation on the Brisbane Fishing Online site. Your donation is greatly appreciated and helps support the community. The details of your donation are:

Campaign: Legacy Week

First name ray

Last name kennedy

Organization

Address 6 Rustic Ct

City Brisbane

State

Post Code 4165

Country Australia

Phone 0403072325

Email rayke1938@yahoo.com.au

Donation Type One Time

Amount XXXX.XX

Payment method Paypal

Comment

Regards,

Brisbane Fishing Online

Just save it in your mail and if needed print it at tax time.

Chrres

Ray

smitty wrote:

does the tax deduction still apply done this way or would direct through legacys site be better

If you require an official tax deduction then I would recommend donating directly through the Legacy website. However, if this isn't important to you, we would prefer donations to us so that we can make a larger donation to Legacy and show the community spirit of Brisbane Fishing Online and recognise our members collectively publicly. In the end it is all going direct to Legacy to support this very worthy organisation so the more that gets to them the better.

We have raised a 1/3 of our target goal of $300. Please everyone help us reach our target!

qbkami wrote:

Hey Guys I haven't got much but I'd like to donate some money though I don't know if I should be ticking no or yes for this "I will pay for payment gateway fee". What is the 'payment gateway fee' and how much is the fee??? :S

Cheers, Qbkami

Hey mate not sure what this is. I did not see it when I went through the payment process..?

I have flicked a query to Webmaster.

Thanks again to all those people who have helped us support this great cause.

Angus

The Payment Gateway Fee is that Paypal charges a fee for transactions. So if you donate say $10 we actually get something like $9. If you want to pay the fee, you will be charged say $11 and we will actually get $10, the amount you were originally intending to pay.

Hope that makes sense :)

Johnny wrote:

The Payment Gateway Fee is that Paypal charges a fee for transactions. So if you donate say $10 we actually get something like $9. If you want to pay the fee, you will be charged say $11 and we will actually get $10, the amount you were originally intending to pay.

Hope that makes sense :)

Ah thanks yeah that all good :) time for some donation

Thanks everyone for your support in the Legacy Week donation drive so far. We are still $49 short of our target goal of $300 so we ask all our members if they can spare a few dollars to help this fantastic organisation.

We would like to think that with our community we can hit our target! Just $5 from a few more people will help us get over the line!

{loadposition articles}

nocx wrote:

There ya go. Target achieved

Legend mate!

I woke up this morning to see the target had been achieved by one last very generous effort by one member! Good on you mate.

Thanks to everyone that helped us achieve our goal for the 2010 Legacy Drive.

Angus

Archived