Goodna, Good or bad?

Young_fella

Does anyone live there who knows if its actually a rough place or just hype.

I've lived in woodridge before and it wasn't rough at all.

And yet its suppose to be a very bad area. I've also lived in browns plains and there has been 2 killings within the year....

Just want some opinions here guys

Cheers

Cain.

In da hood :P I would not launch the boat there and leave my car/trailer abandoned, but I would fish of the bank. I lived in Browns Plains for 21 years and it wasn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, fair enough there was theft, vandalising, muggings, assaults, armed hold ups and the occasional murder but I felt safe wondering the streets coming back from the pubs at 2 in the morning :P Its a sh!t hole.

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

its ok i have fished and used the ramp few times a year ,over the last cpl years .

no troubles yet .

u will see and meet a few weirdo's there ,but they seam harmless enough ,they just want a chat .

they just want a chat...... and then take your trailer! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mate it's like anywhere - it's what you make of it. I've been living in Ippy for 10 years now and had lived there for my schools years previously and have no complaints but there are plenty of people that won't go near the place. Have also wandered home from the pub late at night many times with no drama's. If you went looking for trouble I'm sure you will find someone willing to oblige though ;)

in all seriousness, Goodna has a mixed bag of people. I used to work at Centrelink there and yes there were some crazies there, literally wanting to kill eachother while waiting in the queues. Ive seen axes, knives and also syringes pulled out. We've had to push the silent alarms and called the cops countless times.

Having said that, there are also some fantastic locals there. Very friendly. Though, some of the houses in the area are nice, modern and very cheap, but i'd be still chainlocking everything!

Having said this, every suburb has its dark side.

Think of what is convenient for you mate.

Cheers,

ty

Yeah i thought it might be a case of one person has trouble then they tell some, who tells someone, then it becomes: "IF YOU LIVE IN GOODNA YOU WILL DIE A TERRIBLE DEATH!"

or

"IF YOU LIVE IN GOODNA YOUR HOUSE WILL GET STOLEN AND EVERYONE WILL COMBUST"

Cheers for the big response again

At least the fishing will be better then the logan river =D

Cain.

lived in goodna for 7 years,irish heart great steak on fridays half price rump. i left my car unlocked by mistake many a times in eric street, and never a problem! keep to yourself and the place is fine, if it looks like you are about to be mugged, quick elbow to jaw of first person in front of ya then run like hell lol :laugh: :laugh:

Like previously mentioned Goodna is like anywhere else.My #3 son(16) and 2 of his female friends travell to and from Goodna, from Booval one arvo/evening a week for comtempary dance classes,they have been doing this for the last 2 years and have not had any problems so far.

As for the boat ramp area,I have used this ramp a couple of times and had no problems leaving car and trailer there during daytime,a number of boaties/fisho`s use this ramp regularly with no problems

Archived