Kokoda rigged shads

Feral

Anybody tried Kokoda fully rigged Shads before?

Got a packet this morning, they caught my eye, under 5 bucks for 5 scented sp's already on jigs. For that price I thought I would give them a go.

The Squidgies I got last week did not do much good, so I thought I might try these this week!

Update: Got 5 good bass on them today! Reckon I'll get a couple more packs!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/07/16 16:59

Got them at Big W.

mixed retrieve, I basically do a wind (one turn of the handle) a pause a double wind, if I remember!

I think the reason I did so well compaired to Ferg, was that his bait caster and overhead combo was not flexible enough to cast well into the snags. It left him short of the snags quite often. He is normall land based, on the Stanley river, so used quite a stiff rod. He reckons next time he is going to take his black bream rod.

I've used before and got a big flatty in Currumbin Creek and another in the Terranora Inlet (Tweed river). I also got a cod off Peel island last year and a believe it or not a wobbiegong shark off Maclean Island.

I love em but only rate em about 5 out of 10!

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/07/16 21:28

Well i picked some up today to give them a shot.

I mean jeeez, im fishing for bass thi friday after all, and i cant argue with Andrews results at Baroon Dam.

Brand names mean squat to me.

Im happy to try whats working. Unless some nice lure company out there would like to sonsor this site. Then ill be a ardent convert :P

Angus

yeah for the small stuff u guys get. Terry and marrek would agree with me that everything isnt cheap. wire trace is expensive, stainless steel hooks are expensive, harness's are expensive and the list does on. Plus after doing a rig u only get to use it once, with lures u can use them time after time, also with sps u get yto use them a couple of times. Also terry i got a new local shark spot. tell you some other time as im in class.

DAVE

haha good luck with ur sharking sponsorship dave... even the brothers arnt sponcered and there pretty much the proest of the bunch... sharks are crap fighters anyway... they are just a constant pull and have little value in the fishing world... except for little kids like jordan... its always there dream to catch a big shark :P isnt it jord...

also i have never heard of sponcership from kokoda... if it happens ill give you to thumbs up :P

troy

Archived