sunday offshore

tugger

the weather looks supurb sunday and i will take this first oppotunity to get out offshore of stradie early morning , the fish have had no fishing pressure for a while now and should fire any tag alongs welcome to follow me out in your own boat i will be leaving from raby bay ramp at 4 am this should get me out over south passage bar at first light

good luck mark hope you get onto a few more snapps...i will be headin out to the 50's for a few amberjack and kingies down the goldie then back into the 36's for hopefully a few snapps..the odd pearlie and trag would be good also....lets hope the weather plays the game for us all

cheers rosco

good luck i've heard of a few cobia around the beacons just over a couple of weeks ago and i haven't wet a line for 4 weeks now so i'm itching to get out

Good luck, Mark. I'll be hoping to throw out some livies at the four beacons for something bigger than a whiting if the weather plays along.

good luck i've heard of a few cobia around the beacons just over a couple of weeks ago and i haven't wet a line for 4 weeks now so i'm itching to get out
Good luck, Mark. I'll be hoping to throw out some livies at the four beacons for something bigger than a whiting if the weather plays along.

I had some unstoppables there 2 weeks ago which was my last trip. I'll even go out alone if I don't fill the deckie spot.

the weather looks supurb sunday and i will take this first oppotunity to get out offshore of stradie early morning , the fish have had no fishing pressure for a while now and should fire any tag alongs welcome to follow me out in your own boat i will be leaving from raby bay ramp at 4 am this should get me out over south passage bar at first light

Superb enough to take a 4.75 quintrex outside? Had my boat a month and havnt been able to use it, keen to get amongst it!

me personally i would never take a new boat outside especially over a bar unless i given a few good runs but the weather will be moderate south west winds at first then easing through the day which will be wet for open boats, what type of boat is it ? center console/ bow rider etc. do you have experience crossing coastal bars? this will help me give you the best advice

Superb enough to take a 4.75 quintrex outside? Had my boat a month and havnt been able to use it, keen to get amongst it!

Ive worded that wrong, i have taken it out, just not for a fish, i went for a 3-4 hour cruise from coomera boat ramp down to the broad water in the pissing rain 2 weeks ago. It ran well, its a 98 bayhunter with a 60 yamaha. Im from the west coast of nz which is rough at best and my old man has always had boats , and i ride freestyle stand up jetskis at south straddie every other weeked so i never really look past the breakers. Its mainly the conflicting weather reports, so was hoping for some local knowledge.

the westerlies on saturday will drop the swell so sunday will be the pick of the days if it's still 15 to 20 knots of sth westerly sunday you will find it a bit lumpy the further you go offshore, where i'm heading is only about 1km oof the beach from stradie so i will have some protection from the winds, it will be safe enough on sunday in that size boat offshore just could be a bit uncomfortable i'm still predicting 10 to 15knts sw for off brisbane with the synoptic charts showing a large high pressure system with the isobars a long way apart which spells lighter winds

Ive worded that wrong, i have taken it out, just not for a fish, i went for a 3-4 hour cruise from coomera boat ramp down to the broad water in the pissing rain 2 weeks ago. It ran well, its a 98 bayhunter with a 60 yamaha. Im from the west coast of nz which is rough at best and my old man has always had boats , and i ride freestyle stand up jetskis at south straddie every other weeked so i never really look past the breakers. Its mainly the conflicting weather reports, so was hoping for some local knowledge.

the swell has dropped to 1.4m at the moment and i'm expecting that to drop some more by tomorrow the wind will ease through the night and we'll have around 15knots from the south west when we head off at 4am from the ramp

it will be flat along that northern beach at stradie and we should have little wave effect at the rock then i was going to head home around lunch which will give us the start of the incoming tide again on the bar

Archived