Carpbusting in tygum lake

Bud

Well got there at 7am. Juddy69 and Sharker got there about 7.30. unfortunately there are no carp to report but between the three of us caught three eels ranging from 20cm to 50cm, four or five perch ranging from 15cm to 25cm and what we think were tilapia. I caught one and juddy cleaned up with about 4 I think all of them about the 25-30cm mark. So it wasn't a bad day. It was an enjoyable day of fishing in the sunshine. Got to meet two great blokes from the site and in the process caught my first tilapia (?). The pictures will follow when my wife gets home as I can't yet download them from the camera without her help. ( hey we do need women after all) Thanks for coming guys it was a most enjoyable day.

Hmm thats a tough one.

Deff not a Bass, mouth and gill plate all wrong.

I would have gone with Spangled Perch as well. But that just does not sit right.

Any pics of the Tilapia?

I would not be worried about not catching any carp, Tilapia are the number one enemy up here so i think you did well.

Overall sounds like a pretty fun cruisy day with over 10 \"things\" caught. How are the BBQ facilities etc?

Angus

was a good day, as bud said i have pics of the tilapia, well what we thought were but i forgot to bring my usb to work so ill do it this week, yeah not really sure on the prech like fish but they varied anywehre from punie up to that was the biggest we caught, bbq facilities were good, only had 2 bbq's had a playground for the kids, a pontoon which went maybe 5 metres out but the fish were caught about 3 metres from the bank i reckon

Juddy: you didn't happen to pick up my opera house trap did you..if not no worries they are only cheap. I think the rope was more expensive than the trap.

Also guys I must admit I caught one more thing at the lake that really wasn't expected...I cast out only to land my line on some sort of water bird (black with a red beak) it got tangled so I had to drag it out and untangle it..It wasn't the plan, it wasn't fun but am happy to report that the bird was returned unharmed...the good thing about that was that the birds all buggered off for a while and gave us a chance to fish. As juddy was saying we were only fishing close to the shore. In the picture there is an island. We were fishing between that and the shore. 3 metres max although the two bigger eels and the biggest perch came from a bit deeper out with a float suspended beef heart bait. Corn did alright but the best was a dough mixture that had some tuna mixed in with it.

Your on the money there bud.

Thanks heaps for organising everything. Your recipe for the dough was a great tip and im sure ill be using it again. As bud said the dough was the best bait for the day so thanks for preparing it.

Unlucky about the trap bud. Im still in the office and might be here a bit late tonight but if you want I can drop past on my way home tomorrow and see if its still there if you want?

I ended up putting a piece of meat out on that new reel I was trying and christened it with an eel. Was similar in size to your first.

Looking forward to the next trip. Hopefully the tweed wall will produce some tailor and for buds sake hopefully there wont be any birds around!

Archived