Landbased Bass in North Pine

Shirvo

Hey all,

I am a newbee to this fishing game this year but lovin every minute I spend on the shores. I have found a couple of spots where I have caught bream & flattys but am after a few tips on catching bass in the North Pine dam. I have done a bit of reading but unfortunatly I dont have a boat so am confined to the shore, can anyone give me a few tips on how and where to target my firts bass. I guess I am chasing the thrill of catching something different (the only catch I have had in the dam after a couple of attempts is a 39cm tilapia, good fun but a disapointing end when I discovered what I caught).

Cheers

shirvo

As the above guys said, your best bet is to put in some time looking for possible spots, and look up the information on where you can and cannot fish + a permit if you plan on fishing the main dam (PRFMA). A great start is nearmap.com and google maps, this will allow you to find some good water and access points without having to wing it when you get down there. You could also try downstream and the north pine as well so check out those areas when your looking around on maps. I have seen that Dinoadog has been doing okay land based recently so he might be the best person to ask about this sort of stuff. Good Luck mate, i hope you get onto a few they are an awesome fighting fish.

It sure can be a tough place to work out land based but take Rays advice and check out DIno's writeup on the PRFMA website.

Be prepared to do a lot of walking through some pretty rough vegetation and be prepared to meet a few snakes along the way.

As I said it can be tough, but once you start to work it out you can spend many hours there chasing some of the hardest hitting bass around.

It will fish differently all through the year and you will have to know a bit about the way bass behave during these times.

Dino's page will unlock a few of these things and give a newby a good start, but he's kept just enough information back for people to work it out themselves.

Hey Shirvo,

I fish with Ray quite often in the main dam. We have been doing really well until the big wet 3 weeks ago. The main dam has completely shut down. Went for a fish with Ray last sunday and not a dam bite. Only my wife was fortunate to catch an undersize bass. We normally do very well. Just look at Ray & Aaron's report, catching 122 bass in a few hours.

Anyway, since i didnt do well last sunday, i decided to fish where Dino fished. Fished for 20 mins and was onto 2 nice healthy bass. One was 30 and the other went 36cm. Its bloody rough there and you will also lose a rig or two.

When i got onto my second bass, i had to climb down the embankment, lost my bloody footing and slid all the way down into the water, then sunk into the soft sand. It was a case of indiana jones! Good fun though, and i beat the dreaded donut. Google map will be your best start or try googling fishing spots at NPD. Good luck mate.

Cheers

ty

Archived