plastic navy does wello again 31/10/10

tacklebox

Just a quick report from Wello this morning. Launched at a very leisurely 7am with lots of surface splashing around us. We discovered they were whiting when Kreel caught first fish of the day. The plan was to troll up to Huybers but on the way I spotted a good show on the sounder and that's where we fished for most of the day. Had a busy time in the nursery with one legal squire among them. Bumped into new recruits ahmedy14 and riopio out there trolling up a storm too. Kreel wanted me to go and buy him a coffee afterwards but I was afraid there might be a new addition to my yak when I got back. :laugh:

There was certainly not a MURDER of yakkers present, we were lucky to get a quorum. In any case it was a lovely day to be on the water (10am sounds a much more gentlemanly time to me too David) If it wasn't for the huge swell...

post-2889-144598543723_thumb.jpg

We really missed our regular yakking companions - without Pussca there was no-one to get rid of all the pesky Juvenile fish. Which meant it was all we could do to get through the undersized squire, moses perch and whiting. To answer Dazza and Ladyboy: no there was no real size to the whiting, moses perch or squire for that matter.

post-2889-144598543729_thumb.jpg

I tried a myriad of SPs through the morning but all my fish were caught on 4 inch Gulps in New-cular Chicken colour.

post-2889-144598543736_thumb.jpg

It was nice to see our new yakking buddies ahmedy14 and riopio. They were far too keen for me and hit the water at some ungodly hour that was timed to coincide with early morning bird flatulence. I've made a commitment to the lads that when they've graduated and are raking in the money- I'll make myself available to lounge around their fishing boats drinking all their beer and wetting a line only when the mood strikes me.

post-2889-144598543742_thumb.jpg

Oh and Ellicat lovely to hear from you as well, I've just ordered a new t-shirt to wear on my yak:

post-2889-144598543748_thumb.jpg

BTW lovely report Tacklebox, not enough photos of me though!

Haha Kreel, you've got it all worked out ey. If I manage to make enough money one day to buy a boat/yacht/ship you're more than welcome to join us. As long as you don't stick any funny stickers on the side.

Was a good day at the wello. No legals for ahmedy and I again, but next trip we're definitely gonna haul them in. Third time lucky I hope. The illegal culprits were some cod, tailor and squire. Here's a pic of Ahmedy playing with his little tailor..

post-7844-144598543753_thumb.jpg

Hey Tugg, I actually caught a just under legal Moses Perch and had to think about Daveylads monsters - I shed a little tear. Also you know that tBox is allergic to bird wind.

aha Kreel, you've got it all worked out ey. If I manage to make enough money one day to buy a boat/yacht/ship you're more than welcome to join us. As long as you don't stick any funny stickers on the side.

That goes straight into my little book and I will be seeing you graduation day. ;)

haha tugger, next time you accelerate to go over a speed bump, take care, as it might just be a landmine.

Rio, with his squire,and one of his many monster Mikis from a packetfull which ceased to exist at the end of the day(due to constant hits)

post-7436-144598543784_thumb.jpg

...[

[attachment]C:\fakepath\Photo0228.jpg[/attachment]

Archived