Thankyou - bass boys!

Shirvo

Just a quick not to everyone who gave me a few words of advice on catching my first Bass. Today was the day, went out after work this morning (12 hour night duty finishing at 7am) and trecked along the bank from youngs crossing scratching the crap out of my shins the whole way - all worth it in the end! Got nothin in the first hour so moved up a bit further and Bang my first hit on a lure only to be too slow with the lift on the rod (due to the suprise) and lost it. This however gave me a determination to stay on for another hoUr before heading home to bed, which turned out to be the perfect call! First was a little guy about 23cm long - didnt care was stoked as he was my first bass :woohoo: in the next hour got 3 all about 35cm and another couple of bust offS one that I lost my now favourate lure :(

bass35cm.jpg

BASS36CM.jpg

In the end I have had the best days fishing in my short career. The buzz of that hit and fighting them into the bank was awesome cant wait to go back. Buy the way - I let them all go to fight another day!

Thanks again to Dino, Ray, Perky & Gerty you guys have been a great help, hope I get the chance to fish with all one day.

it's a great buzz for sure, congrats on the milestone, I'm sure you'll get hooked on it like the rest of us poor bass addicts. Your lure is in good company, I'm sure there are 100's of others down there too (yes some were mine).

Make sure you check carefully for ticks after bush bashin, there are a few around there.

rod

Congrats mate i knew you would crack it. Like rocket said there is something special about land based bass fishing in creeks and rivers. I think you even had a better session then most would have on their first crack. The even better news is it's starting to warm up and bass are great on lures, but bass on surface lures well........i don't know if there's anything more fun in fishing then that.

Archived