J-dogs and Fishguru's BRC result.

fishguru5

hi all

firstly was good to meet a few of you guys and saw alot of good fish come in whilst i was out and about.

friday: started off at colmslie after sign in not knowing our way around or any spots as this was our first time on the river. we decided we would take long slow trip to the mouth having two people and gear in the boat. had a look around the mouth and saw a fair bit of bait around the poop shoot and threw the net there for plenty of gar and herring. anchored up just off the shoot and threw a few baits and plastics around in the turned up water. it was a legal bream a cast that lifted our spirits for the comp. Joel landed his 2nd place bream there. we ran out of bait and decided to get more and have a look elsewere. no shows on the sounder around the mouth so headed to the pipeline to have a look. some fairly good shows in the deeper water behind the "British Vine, Douglas" so decided we would fish there the next day. for the remainder of the afternoon we fished for bream around the concrete moorings for a few bream some solid bust ups and my 3rd place bream. we also had a few chats with crazywalrus. nice to meet you mate.

post-3952-144598545602_thumb.jpg

post-3952-144598545611_thumb.jpg

post-3952-144598545614_thumb.jpg

post-3952-144598545618_thumb.jpg

post-3952-144598545622_thumb.jpg

post-3952-144598545625_thumb.jpg

post-3952-144598545629_thumb.jpg

post-3952-144598545633_thumb.jpg

post-3952-144598545636_thumb.jpg

Saturday: left from nudgee boat ramp now with two boats and drove through the bay and into the river quickly stopping off at the poop shoot to collect some bait as we were eager to fish the pipeline. bait was easy to get so we were off to the pipeline quicker than expected. got there and had another quick chat with crazywalrus and we anchored up on the inshore side of the ship and threw our baits out. by this stage all the herring were dead but i threw one out on a gang to see what happens. after i did this i watched crazywalrus's son land a squire followed by a nice jewie. this lifted out hopes. not long after i see a few timid bites so i picked it up and set the hook. well what a fight! the 4000 exceler was screaming and there was a solid bend in the starlo and not too long after i boated my first thready :woohoo: . he went 71cm's. second trip in the river and first time fishing for threadys and i got one. i was chuffed. so got some pics and continued fishing. joel was on next but was let down by being biten off on 20lb leader. i got a few more touches and was on again but i was also biten off but i was using only 14lb so i wasnt surprised. it went quiet for a while then i managed a legal squire and port security turned up and we had to shift. we had a few flicks for some bream and joel managed a what i beleive to be a small barracuda? in the cast net. then we headed home shortly after that.

[attachment:10]C:\fakepath\06112010140.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:11]C:\fakepath\06112010141.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:12]C:\fakepath\06112010142.JPG[/attachment]

Sunday: got to pinkenba late and planned a quick session at the pipeline again before the weigh-in. the ship had moved and that seemed to affect the fishing alot. there was not as much action but another boat was doing well on the threadys. i think he got 4 while we were there. anyway no fish today but was pretty chuffed with two 3rd places and am looking forward to the next one. good to meet some of you and im sure ill see you out on the water in the near future.

thanks for reading.

pat

post-3952-144598545639_thumb.jpg

post-3952-144598545643_thumb.jpg

post-3952-144598545645_thumb.jpg

ah so you guys were the ones the port security came told to move along, then you anchored again, and they moved you again :)...

funny to watch.

rod

ps there are rules about how close you can be to the ships and the wharves, might be a good idea to read up on them before you hit the river next.

thanks whiskers. dan will be going down more often now. you might want to come down one weekend and we will all go out. you will be much faster but i get my license soon so i should be getting round a bit quicker soon.

pat

Yeah sure thing mate. Let us know when your thinking of heading there, and ill see what im doing :)

Archived