BRC Donut (No fish pics....)

MoparKevUk

My BRC started on Friday late afternoon with a trip out to hunt down an eel for shark bait. Went with Big Rod and Little Rod. Guess which one hooked an eel! Yep! Off goes the 6lb Fireline with me 12lb leader tied on with that Seagur knot someone showed me and a palomar knot holding the hook. Great fight and runs and shakes saw it at the side of the pontoon, rod bent double, eel head out of the water, it was fair old size and fat as! Got me pliers to try and grab it. Twaaaanngg! Like a gun shot me line breaks. No more action and jacked it in after a big hairy spider appeared right in front of me boat race in the dark.:woohoo: .It had swung down from the bridge I was under.

Saturday morning with a Maccas Brekkie in me paw I turn up at Colmslie to sign in then fish some pillies off the pontoon to no avail.

I reckon this bloke believed the report of no sharks in the River, eh???? :S

post-4325-144598547376_thumb.jpg

Back home for a quick snooze then meet up with NoName back down Colmslie.

Off to the Pipeline, see Tugger on his Tug, get no fish, me with a whole pillie, Rob with some fresh mullet fillet.

Here's some fishos in the distance;

post-4325-144598547335_thumb.jpg

Off to see the shark chaps where we see Brian Ellicat doing his children's climbing frame act;

post-4325-144598547348_thumb.jpg

We head off to the mouth and out into the bay as I hadn't been that far up the river before. Coming back in we see Tugger's Tug again, returning up river after seeing off a cruise ship;

post-4325-144598547355_thumb.jpg

We go up Aquarium Passage to see Rob's new yacht, I hop aboard at Rob's request to scope it out, hoping that it's not another Pommy Initiaition where I get to stay on the rotten hulk all night.....

After rejoining Rob's Haines we cruise up to Brekky Creek area and scope out a few houses.

Here's a nice modern one for ya's!

post-4325-144598547362_thumb.jpg

And I'm sure we all love this one;

post-4325-144598547369_thumb.jpg

Here's Rob's new camera!

post-4325-144598547382_thumb.jpg

Rob's 12v pie warmer was on song dispensing Pies and Dim Sums while we anchored at Brekky Creek.B)

We even appeared in the background of some wedding photos,

post-4325-144598547391_thumb.jpg

Still no fish, but one big run on Little Rod baited with bread.

Dropped Rob at Apollo Road to get the pizzas in and idled about in the river, an inquisitive Pelican was not pleased to see no fish!

post-4325-144598547406_thumb.jpg

Pizzas aboard we motored back to the pipeline and.......Caught no fish! Although a pizza crust was smashed off Little Rod!

post-4325-144598547415_thumb.jpg

After a quick nap for the Skipper while I kept watch it was back down to Brekky Creek for the night slot. On the way, Rob spots a wheel and tyre floating in the middle of the channel near Colmslie. We do the right thing, rope it and drag it into Colmslie and dump it at the top of the ramp hoping for some sort of Karma from the watching Fish Gods......:kiss: Anchored up at Brekky, then, sneaking out of the darkness like some sort of Wall St meets Pirates of the Caribbean film madness we are joined by Brian along with Dassa, Hulk and a few other suspects. Brian rafts up and Rob persuades him to take his outboard to bits, some old bit of rawl plug was jammed in a pipe restricting the flow out of the thermostat causing an overheat situation...maybe(?) Dassa and Hulk return from a sojourn and raft up as well. A 2nd anchor has us held, but still no fish! Brian consults his magic 8 ball and declares that the fish will be on at 22.20. 22.19 Big Rod takes a huge run, with no fish, been baited! Try and get me head down for some kip around 1ish, thanks for the stinky blanket Brian, I was, as is now traditional, totally under prepared! About 2.30 there's a bit of a hollering going on. The current is up and dragging us down the river, we quickly disentangle the boats and in the process I lose all the braid off Big Rod. Some sort of snag I reckon, or maybe the monster elusive fish!!!! ;) Is it round yer prop, Dassa? Brian? Rob? ;)

We call it and head back to Colmslie where Rob fixes a roller before dragging the mighty Haines up and out of a scary low tide Colmslie ramp. Get home with half a pizza, check it before lobbing it in the fridge. Man!!! ANTFEST!!! How many had I eaten just digging in over the course of the night :sick: All extra protein, eh?

Rock up to Colmslie around midday Sunday for a sausage sizzle...Mmmmmm! Nice to see Travis with a pass out for the morning! :kiss:

Hoped to pick up some 20lb braid in the raffle, only ended up with a BucKat charter for 2! Result! B) B) B)

Well done to all the fish hunters who delivered the goods on a very slow day.

Thank you to all the AFO Gods for the incredible organisational effort that must go into such events, I thoroughly enjoyed my first BRC.

Now where are those fish?????????

Archived