Ewen madock produces once more

pcsolutionman

I decided to give Ewen madock another go after My success on my last 2 trips. My bother, Nodds and Justin a bloke I play cricket with were going to join me. Nodds got there over an hour before my brother and my arrival at about 12pm. Nodds had already had some action but ill let him tell the story.

We unloaded the Yaks and gear and got on the water straight away. I chucked on a pair of purple deep divers. As did my brother cause thats what i got them on last time. after trolling past the first point I saw nodds away near the northern bank so I decided to troll over there and say hi, as I neared him it started to piss down and he headed for shelter, I thought stuff this and decided to join him. As I was retrieving my line so I could quickly paddle over to shelter I was smashed and after a short but hard fight I boarded a nice 40cm to the fork Bass (Sorry no pic it was pissing down) the fish was quickly released and I rushed over to get out of the rain . The rain stopped just after I got there so back to fishing it was. I trolled back over the same spot I got the first one and bang on again alot bigger this time it only lasted a few seconds as the fish snagged me and broke the line taking one of my favorite lures with it. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

at this stage I noticed Justin had arrived and was fishing on the opposite side of the dam with a mate in his 2 man sit in. We trolled around for the next half hour without a touch until I once again was on and this was a good fish and put up a hell of a fight. As it got close I said to the boys I reckon he might go 50cm itl be close. He measured 48cm to the fork. Nodds took a few pics and he was released. I then Proceeded to get a first for me an eel tailed catty on lure. After releasing the catty I looked across the dam to see justin in the water out of his yak. I paddled over to see if he was right and he was fine. He had stood up to take a piss and fallen in and he had not realized till he got back in he had lost his rod and real into the drink. we tried to recover the rod by casting over the area but our efforts were in vein.

It was about 330pm by this stage and the weather was starting to set in so we headed back and were off the water by 4pm.

total tally

Justin 1 Toga

Nodds 0 fish and 1 (Ill let him tell you)

Jamie (Brother) 0

Me 2 Bass, 1 Catty and 1 lost goodie that got me lure

once again ewen madock produced some good fish for me.

Lee

The catty on a lure [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0075_web.jpg

post-1283-144598414483_thumb.jpg

Awesome.

I think there is a lot to be said for fishing a dam that seems to have fewer but bigger fish!

well done again Lee.

I developed a healthy repect for e tail catties after seeing troy land one at North Pine on a lure. It very nearly bricked him and it seemed like he had a brick in truth on the other end!

Any piccies of the Toga?

Angus

Archived