Fisherman island

Oceandonkey

well i think it was fishermans island...launched from that boat ramp and headed to the mouth. mate got a shovel nose shark and something swallowed my atomic minnow sp whole and bite me off straight away.

as it was so friken windy we headed towards the pylons near the wharf and tried fishing there, caught an undersized perch with a black mark on it...forgot what they called it and then i tried my cast net and got about 30 hardi head. all in all a good day....such a shame though when the shovel nose came up we were getting ready for some dinner but now its just kfc all the way.

....ps how the hell do i load a photo on, i went to select image file to attach and chose the photo from the file path and went preview but it didnt come up in the post????

Mate your image will have to resized, to 500x500 or less, and less than 100kbytes in size.

I reckon with the wind blowing like it has it must have been interesting launching and retrieving on that ramp! Its pretty exposed to a south easterly, little own a 20knot south easterly!

Mate, I've been told by a thousand people lately how good shovellies are on the chew. Last one I caught I kept and will be giving it the taste test soon. Will let you know what I think, but by the looks of the flesh it's gonna be better than kfc:)

Good to see you finally got onto something. Pity you caught the bait at the wrong end of the day though.

Archived