Slams getting slammed at local BCF

goldnugget

Noticed today that my local BCF (Hervey Bay) is clearing out Stimulate Slam baits for only $3 a pack. From what I gather its not a Chrissy thing, they are clearing them out as their sales dont compare to other plastics so I assume they wont be stocked anymore. Dont know about other BCF's but guesing it may be the same. Also managed to score Boss fishing gear plastics wallet wrap wallet for only $7 saving of over $10 RRP.

Nice. I've never really had a proper go at the slams but they seem to swim quite well at the 5" paddle tail size.

Are the boss wallets double sealed sleeves?? I've got an el cheapo mojiko wallet and its single sealed... thus spilling gulp jizz all over me each time I take it out.... yuck.

Wallet is single seal x 10 sleeves. Webbed pouch on the front and carry handle on top. I was thinking just placing original soft plastic packets (which seal) into these. I guess you could also put in some foam for hardbodies.

As far as the slams go I only picked up one packet, I'm looking at putting an order in to Zim Man for a good supply of plastics first thing in the new year. Figured the slams were cheap enough to let people know and depending on conditions and the fish, may pay, may not.

I have had good success with the cheaper prerigged Kokodas in recent times, so I guess its more a matter of technique and the mood of the fish at the time.

Another good pick up from a local garage sale was a padded bumbag (fanny pack for our US mates), with drinkholder, mobile phone holder, 2 zips, one to a small tackle box, the other into a bag area with 2 pouches and a zipper compartment for keys etc, brand new for $2...

I guess the good thing about any plastic flicking, apart from the pleasurable lack of bait smell, is the ability to go light.

Archived