Volunteer work to help flood victims

Do$tylz

Hey Guys,

I thought I'd put up a post where people can get together to help others being affected by this.

Below are some organisations I've seen from others that are organised volunteer groups. I think this is a time where some of us can help get our city ready and then this weekend, back on its feet.

Fairfield RSPCA are looking for people to help house some of their animals as they are in the flood zone.

07 3426 9999 or email floods@rspcaqld.org.au

Volunteer group - apparently these guys are organising stuff to help people..
/>http://www.volunteeringqld.org.au/home/

Help Sandbagging

from the QPS facebook website, call 3403 7293 tomorrow and they can let you know what locations you can go to to help pack sandbags for people.

I've got work commitments tomorrow morning, but I'll be putting aside all planned weekend daytime activities to getting out there and helping someone or somewhere. I'm fortunate enough that I don't have to worry about this rain at all so why not help where I can??

Good on you Ash.

I feel bad not to doing to much but I think we will flat strap dealing with our own property (Yeronga). On that note, thank you to the literally dozens of messages I have had from AFO members offering support, a place to stay and many other kind gestures.

Dad was cut off from his vet clinic today but luckily a trusted friend managed to get in a feed animals and clean out cages. Its the little things like that I think we will hear a lot more of as the immediate threat subsides.

Also don't under estimate disease and infection. Apparently a lot of raw sewerage has been introduced to the river system. From the smell at the end of my street I can confirm this! With people wading around waste deep in the water there is a more than average chance at some horrible side affects. Shower down people!

There has also been reports of looters in Ipswich and Oxley. Thieves always irritate me, but hitting people like this when they are down... String them up.

94.9 reported 2 sumbags were caught looting in Ipswich.a politician (never let a good opportinity go by)stated that new laws should be introduced specifically to cover these types who prey on such misfortunes. I have always believed this should be the case, also for the DHs who drive around flooded areas gaucking and sending bow waves out that push the water higher for lowset homes just sitting above the flood waters

Well Do$tylz and I are launching the boat in Fairfield/Yeronga tomorrow to see what we can do to help.

Please pass on the details of anyone you kow in the area that may require some form of assistance.

Cant say what we can do for certain but we will do what we can.

Cheers.

Angus

94.9 reported 2 sumbags were caught looting in Ipswich.a politician (never let a good opportinity go by)stated that new laws should be introduced specifically to cover these types who prey on such misfortunes. I have always believed this should be the case, also for the DHs who drive around flooded areas gaucking and sending bow waves out that push the water higher for lowset homes just sitting above the flood waters

We met one of the DH's in Chinchilla. My brothers live side by side and both houses were flooded. This particular DH went driving up and down the road all morning fairly gunning it and buckled the hell out of my brothers colourbond fence and sent bow waves right over the top steps of the two houses. They finally caught him and believe me, my two brothers, angry, standing in front of you is something to consider...the older one spent thirteen years as a sergeant in the army and has crawled around just about every jungle in the world, and my little ( big ) brother is built like a double door fridge on steroids with a nasty temper. I guess they were already a bit uppity from being flooded badly.

Lets just say the DH hasn't driven down the street again ! in fact he's probably still cleaning his undies with shaking hands.

It was the Ipswich Mayor who said anyone caught looting should be used as a flood marker.

Found 4 young people last night 'swimming' around local businesses in the area. 2 girls said they had nothing to do with it, but were standing there holding the boys mobile phones.

Quick call to the news camps here would have had their faces on TV after being 'spoken to by Police about suspect activity in the flood waters'

Hope everyone that knows them, recognises them and they are treated differently from now on.

Archived