Nth Pine Dam 19/05/07

adventure_angler

Well went back to North Pine Dam today, arriving early as always and proceeding to flick lures out into various deep sections of the dam. Based in Forgan Cove we managed to find a few nice deep holes and old creek beds which once again produced the most fish. Was a pretty slow session with only a few smaller bass and a yellowbelly being landed.

-nelson-

I was as NP this afternoon.. I didn't manage to catch anything today, but the area I was at was a bit crowded - 5 or 6 people all casting out togeather. I caught 3 bass on Wednesday ( all about 20-25 cm), and saw probably 8 to 10 bass caught amongst those fishing this particular spot today. Even though I was using a jackal, I wasn't able to cast out as far as I needed to. Just generally need a better set-up I think.

Anyway, quite a few bass are being caught in this area, and it's a legal area, so I'm going back tomorrow :) .

Hi Feral.

Later on in the afternoon. I'm not sure that this spot I've been fishing is much of a secret, but I didn't find it. The angler who told me about it a few days ago sort of looked familiar. Could be a member here but I forgot to ask...:pinch:. Had better give directions through pm. Wouldn't want to upset anyone :unsure: .

We were fishing on the opposite bank to you Nelson at Forgan's. I could see guys casting lures over there so must have been you. I only ended up with 3 this morning. 1 20cm, 1 around the 40 and another around the 45cm mark. There has only been small fish around lately. Seems like the bigger ones are starting to school in the deeper water out of casting distance and around the dam wall. We ended up with a double hook up but my mate got bricked and lost it and his Jackall. Got one pic of the biggest Bass of the morning which I'll post up. It was good to meet a few more fishos form the site also ;) .

Troy [img size=488]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Troy_45cm_Bass.JPG

post-68-144598415274_thumb.jpg

Archived