Finally legal to take her home - PB

ahmedy14

Fast forward to Wellington point, the drizzle had cleared up.

The other two idiots,zeezu,riopio

Photo0271.jpg

A few fish had been caught, but nothing too fancy. After a gap of no nettings I decided to try something out of the box. I switched from the regular 2" plastic to a 4-5" Atomic one. I casted. And what happened next caused me to lose my ability to memorise things. But with this loss, I gained something new. The ability to speak to inanimate objects. So I spoke to my rod and reel after the event, and so I’ll hand it over to my reel to finish the report.

REEL: Hello AFO. I am Ahmedy’s reel. I am a pretty cheap Daiwa Dshock with a lovely spool of 8lb fireline. My husband, a shimano catana has a wopping 2-4kg line rating. That’s a lot of muscle. He is firm and is always very sensitive especially at his tip. Anyway, jumping to the focal point on that Friday, I’ve written a little dialogue of me and Ahmed:

DIALOGUE:

AHMED- ok u rusty piece of sh**. Prove to me that I don’t need a shimano Stella.

*he casts me* flick-flick*

REEL- I hate Stella! I’ll never let you get her!!zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ

AHMED - huh?

REEL - I said zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

AHMED - sleeping?

REEL - noob! Hats how reels scream! Zzzzzzzzz

AHMED - whoa! I’m hooked I’m hooked

REEL zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AHMED - ok don’t overdo it reel . I get the point

*tightens drag*

REEL -zzzzzzzzz I c-c-c-can’t stop! I can’t breathe Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AHMED - oh my. This fish ain’t giving up that easy. Hold on reel! I’m with u baby!

*a minute or two later*

REEL - * breathing hard* we made it!

AHMED - ......

REEL - u there?

AHMED -,.....

REEL - I guess not

END

REEL -And that was it from him. Heres a pic of the snapper. Approx 45cm. Not that big init? But don’t let Ahmed know. He thinks it was the biggest fish in the world. And he’ll be heartbroken if he finds out how small it is.

Photo0270.jpg

why cant it load any pics!!

Snapper ban starts 15 February until 31 March. Better make hay whilst the sun shines

There may be an issue (with permissions on the server) that is not allowing image uploads. Will have one of the team look into it today/tonight and hopefully fix it.

why cant it load any pics!!

Snapper ban starts 15 February until 31 March. Better make hay whilst the sun shines

There may be an issue (with permissions on the server) that is not allowing image uploads. Will have one of the team look into it today/tonight and hopefully fix it.

Thanks. I tried it through photo bucket and it worked.

Very good fish indead, they go hard on the light gear in the shallows.

I can tell you this but, I will only be fishing for sport for the next 2 months minimum in the bay, some of the pollutants that were pulled out of the creek near our mining factory would not be good in the belly.

ahhaha thanks guys. the fish was caught before the floods. ever so keen to have another session. hopefully there'll be some events coming up soon.*hint*

Jono

P.s - the title of your report was very misleading :lol:

@scope- this being only a fishing forum, I'm not too sure what you expected when you clicked on the title

@billp: does that mean it'd be unsafe to buy fish from restaurants and markets?

It's not unsafe as to kill you, but certain captures from certain area's may lead to some unstable stools. It may be okay if they are saying the majority headed North with the currents.

If you feel good that is great news, means the bay is already cleaning itself up.

Keep up the great work.

Finally!

It doesn't take you too long to post a fishing story. Now you get to write the report next time we head out. Nice fish by the way and tell that DShock that Her days are numbered, Stella is much sexier.

Kreel you may have some competition for AFO funny man now :P

Angus

• 1 month later...

Archived