sea change

straddiebrad

weard me and my bro's where talking to my dad about Bribie yesterday .

seen the ads on tv ,sounds pretty cheap for a water front house with pontoon etc .

there is waterfront on the lower bay side .Cleveland ,red land bay etc ,but its twice the price of Bribie .

the thing about bribie is if u got to have work close or be retired ,other wise u are travelling a long way for work.

i have heard a few stories about people moving to places like bribie and after a year or 2 they sold up ,just couldn't handle the travelling time and distance to work each day .

weard me and my bro's where talking to my dad about Bribie yesterday .

seen the ads on tv ,sounds pretty cheap for a water front house with pontoon etc .

there is waterfront on the lower bay side .Cleveland ,red land bay etc ,but its twice the price of Bribie .

the thing about bribie is if u got to have work close or be retired ,other wise u are travelling a long way for work.

i have heard a few stories about people moving to places like bribie and after a year or 2 they sold up ,just couldn't handle the travelling time and distance to work each day .

yer i have thought about that its an extra half hour for the wife and my work is all over the place any way so the travel should not be a drama or i could just retire early and let the wife make the money :woohoo:

hey davo do you remember the add on the telly wouldnt mind to have a look was there a web site to look at?

Pacific Harbour would be the go. Worked a little bit there with the sales team when I was with Riviera.

I dont think that info was 100% accurate though. There are water front and dry lots.

The cheap prices you see on the sign are for a dry block with access to a berth in the common marina, NOT a block actually on the water with a Marina. Its still a great deal and far cheaper than anything you would see in Brisbane for the same product.

I could be off on this but I dont think so as the canal lots were significantly more expensive.

Boydy worked for a mob doing a land sub at beachmere and they seemed exceptional value. Ill touch base with him tonight and see whats happening there. The developer was PEET and they usually do good product.

On a side note, Jimmybob lived at Ningi (just across the bridge from Bribie) for years and commuted all the way to the City. Not saying he loved it but its more than doable for the sea change.

Angus

>http://www.pacificharbour.com.au/wp-content/content/1269405767PHA1343_IslandDream_Web_Flyer_v1.pdf

I think this is it

thanks mate i have been looking at a few houses today in beachmere,ningi sandstone point the prices are too good not to think about moving up that way, time will tell i like beachmere the best at this stage.

Brad,

The travel to work shouldn't be a problem for you guys especially if you love what you are coming home to.I've done the opposite(tree change of sorts) and moved to D'Aguilar and it takes about 45 mins to get down to Brendale for work.I could have a crap day at work but when I hit the Dag hwy and know i'm only 15 mins from home, I know all is good in the world.

45 minutes gets questioned by friends as being a long time to travel to work but I know I'd rather take 45 mins at 100 clicks to travel 55 klm then 45 mins at 15-20km/h in the inner city suburbs to travel 10 klm in distance.

Traffic is certainly getting busier. By 5.30am in the morning lately, the traffic has been backed up past Anzac Ave southbound but I think this has a lot to do with the Gateway merge and the sun getting in the drivers eyes at that time of the morning.It does get better as the days get shorter.Also from about 3-5pm lately, the traffic is pretty slow northbound until just after Dohles Rocks exit through to Anzac Ave exit.

Beachmere is a nice spot but be prepared to have your aeroguard when outside as the midgies and mozzies can tend to own the environment sometimes there.

Just some other things you may wish to consider when looking to relocate this way.

Regards

Hulk

Have you checked out the southern bay islands? I was planning to move to Bris for work (those plans have changed now), and had a serious look at around there. Seems to me houses are ridculously cheap and if you can secure a mainland carpark your laughing- the ferry is quick and regular.

More pi55 at yours soon ay :whistle: . That deal on tv isn't for a block with a pontoon on it. Think its a block in the estate with a birth down the road
if all goes well why not had a look at some today that are pretty cheap just need to get enough for this house,dont want any debt when i move,will look at the bay islands too,anyone know witch is the pick out of them.

I would think very seriously before committing to southern bay islands. Parking at the ferry terminal is a nightmare and ferry fare is around $16 return.You will need both a mainland and an island car.

See if you can contact mastersardines for more info and the lowdeown on the best spots on the islands as some areas are very ordinary.

Permanent parking spots are like rocking horse manure and the council are going to charge for all parking there.

With Bribie or Beachmere do a few commutes at the times you and your wife normally travel to work.

I enjoy driving to NPD at 5am and seeing all the cars parked on the freeway and think thank goodness I am going in the opposite direction.If they ever widen the gateway to 3 lanes north of nudgee things may improve but with current finiancal status of the state that will take a while.

Cheers

Ray

Archived