rainy jack

nadders

hi guys,

had a fish down the coast last night starting midnight --> morning,

arrived at the ramp and it was hot and muggy as, within 10mins was raining and cold :whistle:

extremely good decision to leave the wet weather gear behind, anyway fished the new vibe around the rocks for most of the session and started off with a big bustoff, and annoyingly a loop knot breaking at the loop with little explanation :angry:

was getting to the stage where i was considering heading back in and putting something warm on (seriously wth lol) when i got smashed by a cleaner fighting fish than the first one. despite a fairly gnarly location i didn't feel my line rub on anything and managed to land a nice jack around 51-52 as the sun was coming up. good to give the heavy baitcaster a worthy opponent as I haven't cracked it out in what seems like months.

forgot about FOTM and so didn't get a bragmat shot

The fish looks a bit sick in the photo with its dorsal in, but he just folded it in for a second before going bats**t with the snappy jaw so i didn't risk the fingers for a better third shot lol

p2070876.jpg

p2070875.jpg

cheers

Dan

Good fish mate.

As it would not win anyway (despite being an awesome fish) I would personally still chuck it in the FOTM thread, purely for the coolness of seeing all the awesome jacks caught so far this month :) This could easily be the most participated in FOTM ever and considering the target species thats pretty awesome!

Angus

thanks guys,

it has been a ripper jack season hasn't it? have seen great jacks caught all through the season starting early and hopefully finishing late lol.

will throw it in the post Gus, thats gonna be a great thread to read through

scope they get a few tooth marks, haven't really had any fatalities myself but i end up losing them to snags before anything else usually. recieved an email from a customer saying hes got a lure almost ready for the coffin after over 35 snappa and a few jew+ a tailor. generally they're fine but i wouldnt go intentionally throwing them at chopping tailor either

cheers

Dan

Archived