Wildlife Preservation Society re; Artificial Reefs

Gad

Taken from the courier mail 14th Feb page 12

A $2 million artificial reef building program in Moreton Bay should be finished by June, weather permitting.

Because the government may have $80,000 left over from the $2 million,that would probably remain unspent, they may put in a 7th artificial reef adjacent to the fishing platform in the pine river.

Wildlife Preservation Society spokesman,Simon Baltais,said enough had been given to amateur fishers and there was no need to spend taxpayers money building them a 7th reef.

Baltais said research was needed to establish what impact artificial reefs had.

“Apart from them becoming a playground for fisherman,I`ve never seen a line on their impacts, despite millions going into themâ€he said.

It has been theorized that artificial reefs have the potential to undo a lot of the good work in increasing green zones,because they aggregate fish…end of quoting

I`m assuming Simon Baltais has been too busy with his preservation work, checking out the preservation of our kangaroo`s in cryopac packaging in the meat sections of Coles Woolworth`s,etc, to do a little research/get on the net and look for reports/studies on the impacts/benefits of artificial reefs,not just for the fishermen.

Does this knob smoker under stand how much money goes into the goverment cofers each year through boat &trailer rego,and not to mention how much is spent in fishing gear along with buying bait.In the big picture we as fisherman get 3/5's of 5/8's of f#$% all from the goverment unlike those greenie wankers which goe's to funding there dope plantations.

I think we need to send an invite for him to attend the big clean up and show him that not all fisherman just take everything they catch we do,do some GOOD for the world.

So here it is Mr Simon Balitis come and find out what we do.

I have a decky spot for him. :evil: :evil:

Does this knob smoker under stand how much money goes into the goverment cofers each year through boat &trailer rego,and not to mention how much is spent in fishing gear along with buying bait.In the big picture we as fisherman get 3/5's of 5/8's of f#$% all from the goverment unlike those greenie wankers which goe's to funding there dope plantations.

I think we need to send an invite for him to attend the big clean up and show him that not all fisherman just take everything they catch we do,do some GOOD for the world.

do you have a spare heavy anchor and chain? :evil:

just admit it u want to kick him in the nuts .

i know i want too .

Archived