Sharks in the pine river

FisherT

Hi all

I was thinking of giving the pine a go tomorow night. What would be my chances of landing one this time of year ? I will bring my cast net , and plan to hook a few livies and set them out , if not , i have gar , pillies and whiting all stuffed with berley and sown up. Also what would the best spot around there be (Landbased)

Thanks in advance (:

I went down to Dohles Rocks this arvo to cast net some bait (lots of bait sized mullet about and bay prawns as well) and there was a dead bully on the mud flats. I guess it didnt survive a fight. While I was there I saw something wallowing in the shallows so I threw the net over it. You wouldn't believe it....a saratoga about 60cm. I sent it on it's way though it didn't look well.

Appears to be lots of activity in the lower pine at the moment.

Wow a saratoga , musta made its way from the south pine ? Where abouts were you at dohles ?

At the mouth of the first creek east of the beachfront. I assume the toga came from NPD or Kurwongba. I don't know how long they can survive in the salt but it looked like it was struggling.

with lives you will deffintley get some bully action in the pine, ive been getting em as far up as canterbury park at bald hills the last 3 sundays in a row, been getting smoked on some big boys too lol, the bigger the bait the bigger the bully usally and try if possible to keep the bait of the bottom, ballon or float or no sinker at all depending on the wind and tide, good luk man hope you come up trumps,

a pic of a little fella i managed to pull up on too the grass. cheers

post-5697-144598587068_thumb.jpg

hey man not sure about the rain situation,well at least not up at bald hills, but i think you should still get some action from around deepwater bend down to the mouth, if you can find the live bait the bullys shouldnt be to far off, i didnt have my big rigs the day i got that little beast and i got smoked 4 times before i landed that one, i got that one on 20p braid and a 30p mono leader about a meter long down to a black plastik coated wire trace about 20cm long and a 4/0 big red snapper hook,no sinker, i always throw out home made burley bombs too,:cheer:

Ok sweet as man. I was thinking of going to the park at the end of goodfellowes road , it leads to the left of the bridge if your coming from the southside way. I have a shiz load of berley , ill bring my cast net , so fingers crossed ill get something.

• 1 year later...

Lets re-open this topic! Thanks for all the advice. Use live whole poddy mullet, and float them in the channels of the river on a run out tide, fishing for them in the day is also successful. Burley isnt really essential but can help with your success.

Im heading out just inside the mouth in the channel tonight to try my luck, i want something atleast 1.5Mtrs long. Any one else have any advice? Please share...

Archived