Wednesday night river jew

nadders

Called up old mate on weds arvo to find out when he's knocking off, and if he's keen to go fishing.. 20mins and yes was the answer, so I got things ready and headed over to colmslie to meet him after work.

while at the carpark I noticed some slack bugger has gone fishing and chained his little dog to the trailer in the carpark, thats a bit much isn't it :angry: poor little dog was crying before too long watching the dogs in the leash free area run around

anyway, in goes the boat zipped off to start fishing, had a sloooowww start to the night with minimal fish or hits. was floating near one wharf from no joke about 40-50m away, and the most awesome security guard in the force hobbled along and proceeded to yell (cause we couldn't hear him from that far) "you gotta be 40m away, get out!"

just kinda looked at old mate and shrugged, meanwhile 2 jet black RIB dive boats with frogmen zoomed past behind, this stage we're thinking wtf lol, and another security guard with his head screwed on waved us over and said a larger exclusion zone than the standard 30m was in place there. later found out theres a nuke sub coming in or some such

anyway back to the point, tried some more spots still very quiet, eventually old mate landed a big fat bream and I started getting a few hits. moved spot again and was intercepted by some water police, who told us someone had reported my boat with my rego # for driving around without lights (fabricated story) but they soon accepted our lights had been on all night and everything was in order. nice pair of water police for a change, it does happen sometimes.

moved to another spot and i hooked a good river tailor going 58-59cm, pulled like a beast on my light setup. old mate and myself scored a few more tailor each from this spot before moving again. Few more little tailor and last spot call was made, we hit a spot that's been very hit and miss for me but when its been firing in the past it has produced very well.

i got hits instantly and some more tailor, old mate was dropping a few hits too. i hammered a cast in and dropped a nice hit, so told old mate to throw one in where i did and he got a solid hookup. bit of hairy action in the structure and some electric work and a few mins later had a jew in the boat around 80cm. as you'll see when old mate uploads the pics the threadybuster was inhaled deep and unfortunately this one became dinner (before anyone asks, i'm not scared about bacteria in the river because i don't eat sashimi :P )

sorry for the ramble been a long couple days, have another report to compile later for the offshore section but too buggered right now

ps: old mate = beau and he has all the photos

cheers

Dan

did you run into patty back at ther ramp when commin home ??? he was there throwin the net probably, in a rough lookin toyota cruiser, he probably had a quick chat! he said some 1 got hold of a jew in the river upstream !

yeah mate spoke to patty when we pulled up,good bloke

lmao he's goin out to mud island now, lol. waitin for the call, with him sayin he's lost but can see some kinda light in the distance. :lol: oh mannnnnnnnnn what am i even doin out here!

mate, i dont know where i'm goin!

i cant get back to the ramp ! sh!t mannnn, i shouldnt have come out here. arghhhhhhhhhhh *******!

lmbao.

he is a good fella, takin brekky out for him tomorrow morning

they were some of the things he said when he come out to give me a tow back from peel island not long ago, didnt really know where he was goin , but still he tried, he finally got there though with a lil help from other fisho's.

Archived