arvo bass session

SteveG

just got back from flicking for bass. Haven't fished this spot since last November

and was surprised at how much it had changed. Lost some of the old reliable snags but

a few ones have popped up plus some good spots on the bank to fish off.

Never caught anything over 40cm in this spot with most coming in around 30 - 35. But i fish

it on 3 pound with surface lures so pretty good fun. Landed 4 bass this arvo all around 30 but not bad after spending the morning mowing the lawn and plucking weeds. Got three on a gold / black river2sea rover 55 and the last one on a soft shell circada. no joy on the diver.

post-8918-144598606831_thumb.jpg

post-8918-14459860684_thumb.jpg

post-8918-144598606849_thumb.jpg

post-8918-144598606859_thumb.jpg

not sure about the brand mate - hopeless on brands etc. but got it at a bait & tackle at palm beach a few weeks back. Tackle warehouse at coorparoo also stocks them. that one has a yellow - green underbelly with a brown top. first time i used it at that spot but got amongst it just over the border a few weeks back with some bigger fish. they kick ass - i'm on edge every time i retrieve one. how good is the sound they let off ? I think the surface action this side of winter is on it's last legs but i tried a diver and they didnt want to know about it - after 10 mins of casting i realised i was sweating my nuts off so changed to to a rover and boomboom

not sure about the brand mate - hopeless on brands etc. but got it at a bait & tackle at palm beach a few weeks back. Tackle warehouse at coorparoo also stocks them. that one has a yellow - green underbelly with a brown top. first time i used it at that spot but got amongst it just over the border a few weeks back with some bigger fish. they kick ass - i'm on edge every time i retrieve one. how good is the sound they let off ? I think the surface action this side of winter is on it's last legs but i tried a diver and they didnt want to know about it - after 10 mins of casting i realised i was sweating my nuts off so changed to to a rover and boomboom

i too have noticed that they are often still happy too hit on surface, this time last year i was trying to "live the dream" with surface lures,but wasn't getting a thing.

Ryan

They are definitely the Tiemco soft shells. Steve was nice enough to purchase one for me while he was at it. Another to add to the collection!

Thanks Charlie,

Hopefully I will be able to get onto some surface bites soon. Divers are cool, but nothing beats seeing a bass smash a surface lure.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Archived