Another Successful Yak Trip up the South Pine

Orca

Good Friday saw Ben & John set off for another paddle up the South Pine river. The main objective of this trip was to test out the new 1-3kg Takeda Fireblade production models and to also swim a couple of proto type lures which hopefully will be included in our 2012 catalogue range.

The good news is that the boys caught plenty of Bass mostly in the 30-40cms range with a couple of 45’s and John got a really nice one of about 52cms. A few photos are included as well as a video showing John catching a 42cms Bass on the Fireblade. A good days fishing and all objectives were achieved.

The video can be seen on You Tube. Sorry i dont know how else to do it.

[color=#4400ff]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH_FgMCczvk

post-9073-14459861087_thumb.jpg

post-9073-144598610885_thumb.jpg

post-9073-144598610877_thumb.jpg

Good healthy bass and some fin damage might indicate escapees from NPD that have found new territory.

Luc

Yeah i agree. The boys tell me the fin rot seems more prevalent in areas of still or slow moving water. But i dont think there is any doubt a lot of these fish escaped from the dam.

With their breeding season coming up, it will be interesting to see how well it all goes.

Good breeding might seen an increase in the number of bass in the South Pine.

Luc

Maybe something good might come out of the floods after all!

What's the length and taper on those fireblades Orca ?

2.10m (7 foot) with a fast taper. The shops are in the process of getting them delivered this week. Another lot arrive tommorrow by air as we could not wait for sea - too many backorders.

Archived