Clear skinny waters Bassing

Swagger

Been hitting up a little crystal clear creek lately chasing some Bass. It's quite amazing when you can pull good size bass from a foot to a metre of water!

Dressing in camo certainly helps as you have to sneek up on these fish. This day we weren't having much luck with hardbodies so opted for some soft plastics with instant results. While changing to a soft plastic I noticed in a metre of water a bass sitting on the bottom. After seeing it move, my intial thoughts of it being a rock was dashed and excitement grew.

So I did a gentle cast about 50cm to the left of the fish. I looked down at my baitcaster and one turn of the handle, I look up and I was already on! After she took me to the snags a few times I pulled up a healthy bass of around 35-37cm! I have never seen such perfect, dark and shiny bass other than in this area. After noticing she was a fat bass, a few snaps and a quick video and she was back in the pristine pool

There were also about 10 carp ranging from 30cm to 50cm in these waters. I spotted one that was close to 70cm so I think some bait fishing is in order to clear out these mongrels

post-3454-144598622295_thumb.jpg

post-3454-144598622312_thumb.jpg

post-3454-144598622321_thumb.jpg

post-3454-144598622333_thumb.jpg

post-3454-144598622343_thumb.jpg

That's crazy, definitely going to have a look at some creeks around me!

What part of brissy was this in mate?

If I told you, I'd have to kill you :P

There are a lot of small bass here so want to keep the area unknown to keep the population healthy. I found it on Google Earth. Somewhere below the Brissy river and before the border to NSW is as much as I'd like to reveal :lol:

That's crazy, definitely going to have a look at some creeks around me!

What part of brissy was this in mate?

If I told you, I'd have to kill you :P

There are a lot of small bass here so want to keep the area unknown to keep the population healthy. I found it on Google Earth. Somewhere below the Brissy river and before the border to NSW is as much as I'd like to reveal :lol:

Yeah all good mate, no way would I expect you to give away a gem of a spot like that! I was just wondering southside/northside or the coasts, all good!

Looks like a great spot youve found there! google earth and nearmaps are powerful tools if you take the time to use them. nice work

Unless Nearmaps and Google earth come with a tracker device for photos, no amount of time focussed will source the location of this spot from these pictures.

Though, should you find it, let me know :silly:

Archived