how do you out a tinny on and off a trailer

Dubbzy

Can someone please give me some sort of idea how to drop my 4m tinny off the trailer. I'm sure its simple but there must be a process to avoid damage etc. especially when putting it back on the trailer.

What am i actually trying to do?

I now have my small bass tinny without a trailer and my other 4m seajay tinny on a trailer. To make things easier to go bass fishing, id like to drop the seajay off and put the bass on. Kicker is that i would really like to drop the tinny of in the garage but i do have yard space to drop it on grass if needed.

Thankyou in advance for any tips!!

block n tackle, do you have a beam or tree to hang one off?
off onto tyres

nobeams or trees....

sounds like i can push it off onto tyres, and winch it straight back on?

not realy sure how thats gonna work, is the trailer connected to the car to get it back on.

dont have it connected to the car. let the boat trailer come to the boat. when it takes the weight of the hull let the front of the trailer raise as you winch and it will be easier. if your tinny is light i would just put it on the grass honestly

You will still need tyres dropping on the lawn as the keel will leave gouge marks, If you intend to do this an a regular basis it would be easier and faster to see if you can pick up a cheap trailer for the smaller boat as you may find that to put your bass boat on your existing trailer you may have to alter the rollers and skids.

I know some people who have 2 trailers and one set of number plates. You can purchase a spare compliance plate to sort out the chassis numbers. :whistle:

Cheers

Ray

when i clean my tinnie i virtually unwind it back off the trailer so i get a really steep angle for rubbish to flow quickly out the bungs, well from that point i would just simple let out more cable and walk the trailer out and away from the tinnie, and for getting it back on, simple hook it up like you wopuld as if putting it on at a ramp.

Archived