Mini Anchor

jham66

Hi Guys, just wondering if any of you use one of these little Anchors as seen in the link below? you may have to cut and paste the link to the browser address bar....

/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/ebayisapi.dll?viewitem&ih=018&sspagename=strk%3amewa%3ait&viewitem=&item=280120922247&rd=1&rd=1

Just after some sort of anchor because I am going to start doing a bit of bait fishing from my Kayak. Water is a bit too deep to drift over.

That is considerably larger than the ones on ebay, I think the site said that they are 0.7kg. I will be anchoring in the Brissy river in depths up to 12m give or take a bit....I had previously made an anchor out of a bit of excess concrete and a bent piece of heavy wire. Just dont want to scratch up my precious kayak.....

Yep donkey,

What feral said. I bought a 1.5kg exactly the same thing from bias it was 11.95 from memory then i went down to bcf and bought 30 metres of 6mm rope and a d shackle and away i went. Also while your at one of the stores ask them for an empty roll/spool of what they sell their rope from. It keeps the rope nice and tidy and its free.

I will attach a photo of mine a bit later.

I will hurry up and get all these sorts of extras into the AFO shop. Viking kayaks literally sell everything to do with kayaks including said anchors. The only problem is, its really only economical if its ordered with other stuff. Like 25 bucks transport cost is ok for a whole yak, but not for an anhor rope or life jacket for example.

Angus

Its funny when i saw the weight i just imagined throwing a kilo of prawns over the side with rope attached to it.

Did the 1.5kg anchor hold you johnson?

it would pay to get some small chain or is that not really do-able in a yak?

I just know from my boat it came with f all chain on the anchor and it couldnt hold me down at the red beacon SE of coochi, bought a bit heavier but longer chain and it has held my fine ever since.

Thanks Johnsonman,

Now have pretty much the same kit as you. I will consider a length of chain if the anchor doesn't hold, but should be ok for what I have in mind for the near future.

The only probs with the chain is noise, weight and bulk.....

Archived