4x4 day and weekend trips around Brisbane Area

bootyinblue

Guys and Gals,

Have been in QLD a relatively short time and I think its now time to start having a look around the area and what there in the way of 4x4 areas. And No I am not thinking about 4x4 parks!!

Does anyone know any secret spots they want to share that are good medium grade tracks which are accessible for day or overnight travel?

Also if anyone has any books which show tracks to travel on etc, if you could slip me the titles to have a look at.

Cheers,

Greg

This'll probably be THE best book you can buy to answer your questions -
/>http://www.dirtyweekends.com.au/

If you get it, checkout Sundown NP near Stanthorpe. The four wheel driving is rated \"hard\" but (if there's water in it) the Severn river holds some nice natives. The park has a heap of deer and pigs. It's remoteness is great, but you'll need to be self sufficient and take a couple of spare tyres. Would recommend not taking a rig setup for beach as the fat tyres would be lucky to survive.

Cheers.

mt mee i hear is a popular one with some nice little camping spots.. you will have to contact the rangers for a camping permit but i'm lead to believe you no longer even need to obtain a permit to traverse in state forest... but if you do, they're free.

Archived