Hinze Still Fireing

rayke1938

Left home at 6.30 and picked up John and Graham and headed off in the rain. Had to detour to rangers office to get permits for john and Graham as both theirs had expired. Went and had a look at the eastern ramp and decided to give it a miss as it is quite steep and only gravel at the end. I was a bit worried about getting traction in the wet so we detoured another 10ks to the western ramp and launched at 8.30.

Went to Bonnors bay and could see lots of fish on the sounder and anchored up in 28ft of water.

We were concistently getting triple hook ups but most of the fish were around 25 to 30cm with banded grunter mixed in with them.

We then moved to near Teds waterfall and found a better class of fish between 30 to 37cm. By 10.30 we had ran out of shrimp as we only had 60 so we swapped over to jackalls,g vibes,and soft plastics,deep divers,shallow divers and poppers without even a touch except for one berkley gulp 4 inch shad that I had left over from the Wello trip. The banded grunter were nibbling bits off it.

We gave up at about 11.15 and headed back to the ramp.

It rained most of the time we were on the water alternating between just a drizzle and medium rain. The rain lifted just as we got back to the ramp which was quite handy as it gave us a chance to dry off and change out clothes. We found out that everyones rain gear leaked.Graham wasnt too happy with his ubeaut $80 coat for some strange reason.

The score 37 bass from 60 shrimp.

14 of the bass were legal with only 4 being over 35cm.

Took 6 fish for the table

I only took one photo of the ramp when we came back in .

I will ask feral to post it for me tonight.

Ray

Well as i said in your going fishing post, cant question your dedication mate.

Well done. Rain and teh wet would have been a fair tradeoff i reckon for another day on the dam.

Angus

P.S. Im glad to hear it was raining into the dam as well!

Do$tylz wrote:

sounds like a great session. Good commitment considering the rain.

any photos of the bass?

It was raining too much to take my jacket off to get the camera. Had to use the bilge pump twice when we had about 4 inches of water in the bilge.

Ray

Archived