Rainy Wednesday at North Pine

robski

Hello.

Started fishing just before midday and caught nothing trying a varity of lures.

Switched to the trusty old green/silver/black striped G-Vibe after about 40 minutes and got 5 bass in an hour. The sizes went 2 X 37 cm, one at 40 cm, another at 41cm, and the largest at 43 cm.

Heaps of fun, as they all fought really hard.

Caught the fish over in the direction where the red tape is near Mcgavin view.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/img_3063.jpg

Post edited by: robski, at: 2007/06/06 16:47

post-803-144598416906_thumb.jpg

Hey Kez.

I have fished the river a little bit this year, but only caught the usual boring stuff - cat-fish, cod, and bream :laugh: . I wouldn't mind trying for a salmon though, or something just a bit more exciting...

North Pine is the only lake I've been to, so I wouldn't mind getting up to Lenthalls ( sp) if it is possible to do some land based fishing there.

cheers.

I am going to Lenthalls first week of school holidays, staying at Burrum Heads - love the dam.

The blokes working on the Dam were catching barra regulary from the bank last time I was there. Dunno if being cooler will change that though, they are supposed to go quiet once the water temp drops.

Feral wrote:

I am going to Lenthalls first week of school holidays, staying at Burrum Heads - love the dam.

The blokes working on the Dam were catching barra regulary from the bank last time I was there. Dunno if being cooler will change that though, they are supposed to go quiet once the water temp drops.

So would around sept -oct start to fish better at Lenthals thinkg of doing a trip around that time starting at Cania then maybe Monduran,Lenthals and Mcdonald to finish off, I've only fished Cania out of these dams but would like to add the others to the list

Good Onya,

Nice fishin.

Got out of bed at 5am to go out to the dam myself, looked at the rain and thought to myself Hallalelua. Its either get a wet bum or thank the rain gods. I jumped back into my warm bed and thanked the rain gods.

Decided not to go fishin till it was fine so for the dams sake and our water supplies sake I hope it is not fine for about 3 weeks.

If that is the case I will have fishing withdrawals and have to throw finglings into my pool.

Keep on fishin

Dino

Archived