Spooled!!

josmo99

Well, it had to happen but it sure didn't happen overnight!

I had some business to do at the GC yesterday so decided to bring a rod along just for the heck of it. Ended up at Paradise Point around 3pm with the tide was still coming in. Scored a couple of keeper bream amidst the usual little fellas (they must have been the lollypop ladies), then the bite went quiet. So I stuck the rod into its holder, eased back on the drag and went for a wander around the corner to check out the new developments across the river. 10 mins later I'm back. So here I am looking for the line where it meets the water and I can't see it. Thinking that maybe the current had washed it in, I reached down to grab the rod and lo and behold, there was no line in the spool! :huh:

Stingray or mighty big fish? I'd prefer to think stingray, doesn't feel so bad then.

Needless to say, I packed up and went home after that. :lol:

MORAL OF THE STORY: lose the fish, not the rod and reel, or better still, eternal vigilance lands the fish.

lucky rod didn't go into the drink :P

Can't say it's an achievement to be proud of but been there, done that! Best rod and reel combo I'd ever owned up to that point is still somewhere at the bottom of Manly harbour. Bloke fishing at the jetty warned me not to leave the rod unattended as the trevs were about. Figured it was the middle of a bright sunny day so what harm could there be? Ah famous last words...

+ 1 for the boat prop.....

Was the end not tied onto the spool? Just start pumping and winding in that Mustang sports cruiser.

If it's the same to you, I'd take the Riviera. :)

Nay, it was only 6lb mono. Prop would have cut it off without emptying the spool.

I've been there,

Was fishing the Currumbin mouth with rod in in holder well and truely dug into sand, went for a walk to castnet some more live bait.. 3 minutes later.. came back. Rod gone, rod holder well and truely unearthed from its wet sand holder!

Musta been big as that holder was well dug in.

Oh well

Mal

Archived