Happy Wally Happy at NPD 18/7/11.

rayke1938

i would like to say, without any shadow of doubt, that rayke1938 aka. Ray, is an ABSOLUTE TOP BLOKE! :woohoo:

words cannot describe how good a guy Ray is.

Angus, if there is a Angler of the Month competition, i would like to nominate Ray for it :cheer:

thank you Ray for giving me one of the best fishing experiences ive had in my 4 years here in aussie. :cheer:

Thank you for putting me onto the famed Australian Bass. and thank you for being so kind and generous to me, despite barely even knowing me.

the world needs more of you Ray :).

congrats to dinodadog on landing a RIPPER of a bass... 54cm! :woohoo:

i would also like to say... that ive fished the brisbane river for 3 years now... ive landed many threadies which i consider to be the "Jewel of the Brisbane River"... and all this while i always wondered what exactly is the fascination with Australian Bass? i mean... can a puny little bass ever compared to the mighty King Threadfin? :huh:

HOWEVER, after going out with Ray today, im beginning to understand for the very first time... theres something special about fishing for Aussie Bass...

there's something special about them little critters... theres something special about being out on the water just as the dawn breaks... theres something special about seeing your light rod bend into a mouthwatering C... hearing that high pitched shriek from your reel everytime the bass takes a dive... theres something special when the rewards of your effort measures into the >40cm range... and theres definately something special about the people who fish them... :)

there was something special about watching dinodadog reel in that 54cm bass... watching and laughing as he cursed hard and swore at the fish when he saw it, commanding it to stay on the hook... and even though i had nothing to with that 54cm bass, i felt joy and pride as dinodadog lifted it out of the water for a photo (albeit with a tinge of jealousy :lol: )...

there really is something special about fishing for Aussie Bass, and with people like Ray around, i definately see why... :)

Wally I get more enjoyment seeing people catching fish than catching them myself. Sorry we couldnt get that elusive yella. We will just have to wait for the wind to drop and have another go.

Thanks for the company it was a good day even though the fishing was a bit slow.

Bad luck re the rod tip.

Cheers

Ray

Good work guys! Wally, you're spot on about that, Ray is one of the best blokes I've had the privilege of fishing with. Nothing is too much for him, whether it be donations of shrimp, redclaw, deckie spots, a hot cuppa on a freezing morning!

Glad to see you managed to knock them off your list!

i would like to say, without any shadow of doubt, that rayke1938 aka. Ray, is an ABSOLUTE TOP BLOKE! :woohoo:

words cannot describe how good a guy Ray is.

Angus, if there is a Angler of the Month competition, i would like to nominate Ray for it :cheer:

thank you Ray for giving me one of the best fishing experiences ive had in my 4 years here in aussie. :cheer:

Thank you for putting me onto the famed Australian Bass. and thank you for being so kind and generous to me, despite barely even knowing me.

the world needs more of you Ray :).

congrats to dinodadog on landing a RIPPER of a bass... 54cm! :woohoo:

i would also like to say... that ive fished the brisbane river for 3 years now... ive landed many threadies which i consider to be the "Jewel of the Brisbane River"... and all this while i always wondered what exactly is the fascination with Australian Bass? i mean... can a puny little bass ever compared to the mighty King Threadfin? :huh:

HOWEVER, after going out with Ray today, im beginning to understand for the very first time... theres something special about fishing for Aussie Bass...

there's something special about them little critters... theres something special about being out on the water just as the dawn breaks... theres something special about seeing your light rod bend into a mouthwatering C... hearing that high pitched shriek from your reel everytime the bass takes a dive... theres something special when the rewards of your effort measures into the >40cm range... and theres definately something special about the people who fish them... :)

there was something special about watching dinodadog reel in that 54cm bass... watching and laughing as he cursed hard and swore at the fish when he saw it, commanding it to stay on the hook... and even though i had nothing to with that 54cm bass, i felt joy and pride as dinodadog lifted it out of the water for a photo (albeit with a tinge of jealousy :lol: )...

there really is something special about fishing for Aussie Bass, and with people like Ray around, i definately see why... :)

Nicely spoken mate. :)

Archived