Custom made fuel tanks for runabout

bootyinblue

At present I have 2x25L fuel tanks behind the rear lounge in my runabout,but to fill them is a real pain in the A#@*

You have to remove or push forward the rear lounge, move some tackle boxes and that I have stored in a cargo net under the lounnge and then wriggle the tanks out to fill them.

Has anyone, or know of anyone who has had custom tanks installed. I am not fussed whether it be plastic or aluminium, but would have to be baffled and maybe have a shiny deck filler t omake me think the boat is much bigger than what it actually is....

Yea the horizontal part of the lounge just sits on the pockets that run down both sides, and its rarely in the boat unless there I plan on not fishing ;-)

Its more moving the fishing stuff thats under the net and wriggling the tanks out as 1 is aftermarket and slightly taller than the other...

Will cost an arm and leg to have one custom made. Have you had a look in Bias boating cataloge? They list both stainless and plastic ones. I have a 75l plastic one measurements are 850long,470 wide , height at back 260 and height at front is 190. It currently has old style merc take off but that is easily changed. I think that i have later type mercury/ yamaha fitting that will suit. It may be too big for your boat but its a thought. Asking $75 the price in the catalogue is $239.

Ray

Archived