92cm Barra on 4lb

Woolybugger

post-5345-144598658727_thumb.jpg

post-5345-144598658739_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago had the chance to flick a few plastics for Barra. I originally took the Bass gear to try for Tarpon etc however had a change of mind when I got there so I tied on 20lb leader onto my 4lb braid, and put on a 100mm plastic in polar bear colour.

It took about half an hour of constant hammering the one spot until a healthy 92cm Barra grabbed on and then I grabbed on for dear life too. A few locals looked at me like I was out of my head with Bass gear and I probably was, however managed after approx 20min of blistering runs and jumps, to get her subdued and onto he bank.

Quick hands to get a photo and get her back into the water and then half an hour to compose myself again after having shaky stevens knees. The locals thought I was a legend after that, but still out of my head LOL.

On the photo the fisg doesn't have a gammy eye, just stuff from the water.

No not sfsrm Barra, wild through and through. I can't remember what the name of the creek was, I will try and have a look on the map. I was driving up to Bundaberg on business and when I drove over a bridge I noticed a ripple in my periphial vision. Being a fly fisherman, that brought my attention to it quick fast, so I pulled over, walked over the bridge and saw small packs of what looked like Jacks around the 40+ cm mark swimming over the flats. I quickly set the Bass gear up and got down there, thats when I bumped into a couple of the locals.

I will try and remember the name for you, buts on the way out of Bundy North around 15 minute drive from memory.

Archived