Chucked a sickie and it payed off

PlasticFantastic

Woke up this morning at 4.30 as per usual hit snooze on the phone alarm and as I do every morning check afo to see what's going on. Noticed a post from Callum (Pancakes and Haggis) saying he was yakking Cleveland Point this morning and Tinnie Creek this arvo, quick check of seabreeze and the call is made to work. Umm it's Mark wont be in today i've got a headache no worries said the boss enjoy the fishing :whistle:

Met Callum at Cleveland Point and set off for my favourite rock in search of a Squire or two, first cast was a Squire but undersize so back he went. A few casts later landed a nice 45cm Tailor meanwhile Callum wasn't having alot of luck. After drifting around for a while the action died off and the bay was glass so I said let's head over to the artificial at Peel. Floated around there for a few hookups and one legal Squire, then it died there also. The wind started to stir so I made the call to head back to the point as we came back the tide was low with bugger all water. I spotted a spray of bait and fired off the Double Clutch in that direction and with two winds of the handle I was on and this thing wasn't happy. After a bit of back and forth a nice 50cm Tailor was landed my best in a while and man do they go hard in only a foot of water. Called it quits there after that and headed in.

Relaunched at Tinnie Creek in search of Flatties and Callum was the first to score with a nice model and myself not far after also landed one other but it was under size. Both Flathead went home with their respective catchers for tonights dinner.

All in all a good day and a sickie well chucked.

Cheers

Mark

post-5191-144598661062_thumb.jpg

First Tailor 45cm

post-5191-14459866107_thumb.jpg

The worlds biggest Squire hitting a 4" plastic :woohoo:

post-5191-144598661077_thumb.jpg

My best Tailor in a while at 50cm

post-5191-144598661084_thumb.jpg

Callum's Flattie

post-5191-144598661089_thumb.jpg

My Flattie