Slow start to bass season

ryanyoung

G'day all,

I was pretty pumped for bass season, so got up uber-early this morning to catch a dawn session at the local. I was fishing a siemco soft-shelled cicada and a 55mm R2S Bubblepop. I managed six good strikes on the surface lures, however no hook-ups. In desperation I changed over to vibes, but to no avail....Leaving empty-handed and only just making work on time.

Not a worry however, as I remember last year was pretty much a mirror image for my first time into the season. I hear that practice makes perfect, so am heading back this afternoon after work to give some crankbaits a go, before switching back to the surface for last light.

Thanks for reading, sorry there is not more to add lol.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Hey mate heading down to where I saw you with rod that day? I'm on my way down now, thought I'd air until the water warmed up a bit! Much flow?

A very small bit of flow mate, doesn't affect lure action though, I will be back there this arvo after 1530 if you are keen? I will be landbased. Good luck with it, they were still hitting surface when I left an hour or so ago.

Hey Ryan, keen work out there twice in one work day! Shame about the end result, but still sounds promising. Do you have decent sized hooks on? Maybe the Bass are only trying to scare your lures and not eat them! Who knows :unsure:

-Steve

Hey Steve, hb's, so nothing wrong with hooks. Probably just out of practice with the retrieve lol!!!!

Archived