2lb straight fc, need tips

johnus

I've been fishing 2lb straight thru for yrs for all my HB bream fishing. Few things to consider.

1. What brand and type of fluro are you using? (some are ment to be leaders and others are meant for fishing straight thru) I personally reccomend sunline fc sniper or Toray bawo super finesse fluros.

2. make sure the fluro was put on tight and not twisted!

I'd try re spooling the fluro and make sure it's not twisted and it's put on tight. Anymore problems feel free to shoot us a pm :)

cheers

I've been fishing 2lb straight thru for yrs for all my HB bream fishing. Few things to consider.

1. What brand and type of fluro are you using? (some are ment to be leaders and others are meant for fishing straight thru) I personally reccomend sunline fc sniper or Toray bawo super finesse fluros.

2. make sure the fluro was put on tight and not twisted!

I'd try re spooling the fluro and make sure it's not twisted and it's put on tight. Anymore problems feel free to shoot us a pm :)

cheers

that is perfect advice, great stuff mate helping another afo'er out. good on ya mate

Thanks guys,

Yeh I'm using the Sniper FC, still getting the hang of it. Sucks when I get a snag with SP and it stretch T_T

@plugger - the Samurai is godsend with the Luvias!

glad you like it mate :) oh just to show you that you just need a little confidence and patients using fluro here's a pic of a snapper i caught today with fishingnut using 3lb fluro FC rock by sunline.

cheers

post-2530-144598683735_thumb.jpg

I have just set up an old model but new certate 1500 with 2LB fc in preparation for the Hobie grand final at the end of next month. I will be using it for the first time on sunday down at Bruns. I am a bit hesitant to use it for hb's atm, it will be used for sp's for now.

Gave it a go and gotta say, its impressive. It can handle some pressure before giving in. Didn't get any big bream but a couple of just legals and heaps of snags because it was so windy and didn't know if the plastic was where I wanted it.

Archived