Steve Wilkes at hinze 23/24/6/07

rayke1938

I was speaking to Steve this afternoon and he had just got back from another weekend at the hinze. He said that the dam has just rolled over and the fishing was very hard on Saturday with only 10 fish caught on Saturday. ( forgot to ask him what they had for tea)

This morning they launched at the Numinbar end ramp and they averaged 10 fish each for 20 anglers as the water was nice and clear.

He also reported a large SARATOGA at least 1 metre long that was just swimming along in front of the canoe. He said it was like a dolphin it was that big. He didnt even have a rod in his canoe.

He suggested maybe a AFO saratoga weekend in December but I said it would be too close to the Classic but maybe in January??

Any interest??

I will raise the matter when we come back from Lenthalls.

Ray

Ray

grrrr, i must be looking in the wrong place.

I can find heaps of stuff about what the thermocline layer is ie; A thermocline is a zone of rapid temperature change with depth in a body of water. It is the boundary between two layers of water that have different temperatures, in a lake, estuary, or an ocean.

But nothing about it inverting? :blink:

And i would love to catch that saratoga aswell!

Joel ;)

rayke1938 wrote:

He also reported a large SARATOGA at least 1 metre long that was just swimming along in front of the canoe. He said it was like a dolphin it was that big. He didnt even have a rod in his canoe.

He suggested maybe a AFO saratoga weekend in December but I said it would be too close to the Classic but maybe in January??

Any interest??

I will raise the matter when we come back from Lenthalls.

Ray

Ray

Crap Yeah Ray - AFO Toga party - I'm in.

1M long Toga - arrrrr - hope it's still there next year.

The Daam rolled - I expect that has happened at NP too.

Archived