Brandon scores his first tarpon

wesfish

hit the goldy yesterday arvo and we managed a a couple of trevs and tarpon, Brandon got his first and second tarrpon and had a ball fighting them with some good jumps by the tarpon, he all so managed a nice lil trev. i managed one lil trev and dropped a few tarpon :lol::lol: was a fun arvo til the dark clouds appeared and chased us away :silly:

post-4300-144598692736_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598692742_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598692747_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598692751_thumb.jpg

The young fella would have enjoyed catching those Tarpon Wes, they are fun fish.

You must have a good supply of those blue blades or is that one "Superglued" to the end of your line, seems to work well though, i probably wouldn't take it off either.

Do you know the weight of it , the ones we use in the deep water are 14gr that one looks heavier, cheers wayne

The young fella would have enjoyed catching those Tarpon Wes, they are fun fish.

You must have a good supply of those blue blades or is that one "Superglued" to the end of your line, seems to work well though, i probably wouldn't take it off either.

Do you know the weight of it , the ones we use in the deep water are 14gr that one looks heavier, cheers wayne

thanks youngy :) i really enjoy chasin the tarpon and i have my dad to blame for that obsession :lol: its a new blade but the original is still working but looking a lil worse for wear . they are a 20gram 7cm blade by jazz deka bokun. Tackle Warehouse has the full selection and i am keen to try the 9cm 30gram ones out real soon, will be a winner in the bay on the macks too i reckon :lol::lol:

Those tarpon are great fun congratst Brandon on his first and a nice size to . I used to catch smaller models at colleges crossing years ago l wonder if any have been caught around there lately
cheers mate, the tarpon a thick as out the brissie at the moment, kooka was holding thousands laast week but could not trick em up, johnsons rock holds good schools of em too average size 30-60cm, dad reminded me fly was the go for them out there ;)

Those tarpon are great fun congratst Brandon on his first and a nice size to . I used to catch smaller models at colleges crossing years ago l wonder if any have been caught around there lately
cheers mate, the tarpon a thick as out squidgy pro krittersthe brissie at the moment, kooka was holding thousands laast week but could not trick em up, johnsons rock holds good schools of em too average size 30-60cm, dad reminded me fly was the go for them out there ;)

Squidgy pro critters seem to work well for them they usually strike on the drop

Love the report and piccies as per usual.

What goes harder, the good size trevs or the BIG tarpon?

the trev would pull a tarpon backwards but the air time from the tarpon are way more exciting, the tarpon pull with jitters the trev pulls longer and big thumps.. will just have to take you one day to show ya :lol:

Archived