North Pine River

Whiskers

Not worth it IMO but if you want to do it, I'd be using a leccy.

Youngs Crossing is mostly shallow and get quite rocky as you go up. Also it's not very long.

There's no easy access from Youngs to the water where the pumping station is. Again, there not enough deep water to make it worth carting engine, bateries etc..

Luc

Youngs Crossing is mostly shallow and get quite rocky as you go up. Also it's not very long.

There's no easy access from Youngs to the water where the pumping station is. Again, there not enough deep water to make it worth carting engine, bateries etc..

Luc

Agreed mate, yakkin is the way to go Whiskers. On a different note I saw a bloke get busted by the fisheries in youngs the other day, he was throwin a castnet, the boys didnt look to impressed lol.

Kiwi ;)

Luc

Agreed mate, yakkin is the way to go Whiskers. On a different note I saw a bloke get busted by the fisheries in youngs the other day, he was throwin a castnet, the boys didnt look to impressed lol.

Kiwi ;)

Good to see patrolls in there busting afew people

Too shallow and plenty of submerged timber right through there aswell, may even be a few Bass on them logs too :whistle:

Good to see fisheries are around there, I into a bloke today who was trying to conceal the fact he had more than 3 Bass in his keeper net. Ofcourse when I spoke to him he started to play the ohh they are catfish card :angry:

On a better note I hooked and released a couple of nice fish from the yak today in there, so it is well worth the effort ;)

post-9513-144598693449_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Colin

There is now vehicle access to the lily pond via the pony club and its a easy bank launch for a yak or rubber ducky. Would be a bit iffy on your prop using a petrol powered motor there but a leccy prop is ok as they are plastic and can withstand hitting obstacles better.

Either lily pond or youngs would be quite manageable just paddling the rubber ducky and you could paddle upstream from the Lilly pond and portage over the weir and then fish the pump station pool.

Cheers

Ray

Ta yeah, I'm just looking for some sweet water info just took it the wrong way B)

I'm clued on with my rules and regs and it is a shame guys out there are raping the rivers but these debates come up once a week :silly:

Just chasing boating advice in the fresh

Cheers guys

Cam

Archived