Quick Landbased Jack

Dell

Hey Guys,

I had some time to kill so I ventured south to one of my spots which I have a love hate relationship with. I've caught some nice fish here and been busted by some unstoppable monsters.

Anyways I brought out the heavy stuff tonight baitcast combo with 16lb braid and 20lb leader. Got to my spot and the water was stained and tide was low. Didn't expect to get much with these conditions but started flicking anyway. Fished a bit of bank then came up to a spot which I got absolutely blown away last yr. Put a cast in 2 cranks of the handle a twitch then I got smashed. Drag was locked up on my zillion crazy cranker but this fish still managed to drill me into some structure a good 10-15m away so bye bye cherryblood. Tied a new one on and kept going. By this time the tide was rising and there was a bit of water on my spot. Few casts later i'm smashed again and after a fun fight up comes this little fella. My 2nd for the season but it was really my first as the first one i got earlier this season was only a baby at 33cm. Few quick piccys then my camera dies before I could get my brag mat shot :angry::angry: Fish went 58tip on the mat but the pictures don't do it justice. That's what you get for doing solo sessions. You always catch good fish and no one around to take decent photos. (luckily I found a nice ledge and worked out how to use the self timer) Fish swam off happy after it's moment of fame.

It's gona be a cracker of a season!!! Alot of nice fish are being caught already and the season isn't even in full swing.

cheers.

post-263-144598695367_thumb.jpg

post-263-144598695379_thumb.jpg

post-263-144598695389_thumb.jpg

very solid jack mate!! the pic does it justice.,easy to see the size in it :woohoo: i know them lights in the background lol :silly: :silly:

haha yeh the lights might give it away but I still haven't seen many people fishing here day or night!!! (probably 10 people max if that) and that's in 3 yrs of solid fishing this place landbased and from a boat ;);) If it is the same place keep it to your chest :P . There's lots of fish in here and i've seen some monsters.

cheers

Archived