Early Bird Reminder - 2011 Austackle BRC

AFO

post-2216-144598697693_thumb.jpg

Attention AFO members,

This is just a quick reminder that the early bird entry fee of only $25 for the 2011 Austackle Brisbane River Classic expires on Sunday the 23rd of October. Any entries after that will be $40 and if made at the event itself $60. So save yourself at least $15 and get it in now!

Registrations can be made here: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/competitions/event-registration

Its shaping up to be a great event and we look forward to seeing many of you there.

The Team

Brisbane Fishing Online

At $25 it is worth registering even if you do not end up competing. Treat it as donation to the site so that it can continue and stay free. You get very little for free and this is such a great community.
Agree totally, don't even know whether I can make it but for 25 bucks why not register? Get into it guys :)

Good evening AFO'ers.

Just another quick reminder that time is running out for this.

Just a quick annoucement to inform you all that $10 from every Junior entry will be donated to Autism Australia. So if you have or know an under 12 that may want to compete in this event, please let them know.

Juniors are just as able to win lucky door prizes as adult competitors and there is an Austackle sponsored section for them as well with some great prizes.

A full prize list has now been posted in the forum so feel free to peruse.

The Team

AFO

Hey guys just another reminder re the early bird special. Tomorrow is the cut off :) So save yourself so coin and get in.

Also there are a few payments outstanding for registrations made a while ago so a reminder for that as well!

Also please remember that $10 from all junior entries is going to be donated to Autism Queensland so please give a heads up to any juniors you know that my be eligible.

Thanks!

Angus

just registered and paid by direct debit. hopefully this time i'll actually catch a fish to submit, never fished the river so i'm not too hopefull

On the plus side mate there is a lot a sweet lucky door prizes :)

There will also be a BBQ put on Sat arvo but more about that soon.

Angus

Got your email yesterday Gus, not sure if I'll be able to make the comp at this stage but thought it worthwhile anyway considering what Crazyman said.

P.S. Did you get my email RE: bikes?

Ah yeah man sorry. Had a lot of emails incoming the last few days. Sorry I didnt reply as would have been polite. Thanks for the heads up!

Angus

Great turn out so far guys with abut 50 entered.

A lot of old school faces signed up. What I am wondering at however is the lack of the new???

Can I just say for any forum only members of AFO, your experience, and the help and assistance you recieve from online members will dramatically increase once you have met a few members face to face.

This is a great social event with cateogries designed to cater for the serious and not so serious anglers.

Hope to see some more new faces!

Angus

Ah yeah man sorry. Had a lot of emails incoming the last few days. Sorry I didnt reply as would have been polite. Thanks for the heads up!

Angus

No worries, I figured you might be a little bombarded with them. Also had a few colleagues who've had their bikes nicked too.

Anyway I've registered for the comp. Not sure if I'll be able to make the comp, but will at least try to make the BBQ.

Good on you Rocket! Look forward to seeing you there.

Yakking it?

Angus

dunno Gus, I like the social aspect of being someones deckie, but if that doesn't happen I'll be on the yak for sure.

Yeah fair enough mate.

I cant believe a junior has not jumped on the chance to be carters deckie yet!

Angus

whats the plan? do we meet at comsile Friday morning?

Straight from the compeititon information :) :

The Event HQ will be open from 9am - 12pm each day to submit entries of fish (if you need to turn up outside these hours to submit entries you may need to contact an event staff member to ensure someone is around). The night before the event each angler will receive a unique Competitor Number which will be used to identify them throughout the competition. Ensure you keep this number and return it to organisers at the prize presentation for inclusion in a possible lucky door prize. No number means no chance for lucky door prize.

Archived