Saratoga Fishing and Hunting Adventures.

Al R

Haven't been on here in a while as I have had a busy year, but with the wet approaching I have packed up my Cape York camp to focus on my Cooktown operation. Plenty of cracker Toga and big boars have been accounted for.Here are some pics of my clients and family enjoying what the Cape has to offer. I have thrown in a few pig pics also as it is pretty hard to go fishing up here without running into a couple of them. Hope you like them. Cheers Al.

post-8156-144598704923_thumb.jpg

post-8156-144598704935_thumb.jpg

post-8156-144598704943_thumb.jpg

post-8156-144598704951_thumb.jpg

post-8156-14459870496_thumb.jpg

post-8156-144598704967_thumb.jpg

post-8156-144598704972_thumb.jpg

Most of our mature boars have good tusks.. Not sure if it's in their genes or the mineral content of the area or their diet. My best to date have 148 mm sticking out of the jaw (almost even on both sides)and when the tusks were drawn the length was nearly 11 inches per tusk.

More pics.

very nice tusks on him, all the big boars we get down hear, their tusks are either broken, rotton and very very small

Im ashamed but the very last pic made my pants stick out in front... haha I tried t shoot my computer screen

There are some awesome heads amongst the herd of Rusa, but I dont shoot them unless I have a client that wants a nice stag. There are 3 trophy stags in this mob, 2 have over 30 inch heads and 1 has over 34...maybe bigger. Quality Rusa stags.

Most of our mature boars have good tusks.. Not sure if it's in their genes or the mineral content of the area or their diet. My best to date have 148 mm sticking out of the jaw (almost even on both sides)and when the tusks were drawn the length was nearly 11 inches per tusk.
More pics.

very nice tusks on him, all the big boars we get down hear, their tusks are either broken, rotton and very very small

[attachment=42108]6q.jpg[/attachment]

did you try and bag a pointer

[attachment=42113]7.jpg[/attachment]

that is a wicked set of tusks. when i got my first toner (120kg) i was suoer stocked when it went down, but when i got to him, he had semi rotton and broken tusks that were about 60mm long. would love to get just one woth those size tusks.

deer is on my next thing to hunt. we have shot over 100 pigs and 0ver 300 goats, some with big racks, and my wall is looking very nice but it is missing some good pointers.

Im ashamed but the very last pic made my pants stick out in front... haha I tried t shoot my computer screen

There are some awesome heads amongst the herd of Rusa, but I dont shoot them unless I have a client that wants a nice stag. There are 3 trophy stags in this mob, 2 have over 30 inch heads and 1 has over 34...maybe bigger. Quality Rusa stags.

Mate they are beautiful looking staffs, they look awsome having been in the bush too, have you bred them for hunting?

• 2 weeks later...

post-8156-144598711842_thumb.jpg

Found this pic of my old collie Jig with a nice Cooktown boar she had bailed up for me.

Love the Pics of the young fella. These are memories that will last threw out his life. Some great hunting action there.I have never seen a Border Collie use a Pig dog :P . Your reports always make me home sick. Keep them coming and thanks.

[attachment=42731]JIGANDPIG1.jpg[/attachment]

Found this pic of my old collie Jig with a nice Cooktown boar she had bailed up for me.

Love the Pics of the young fella. These are memories that will last threw out his life. Some great hunting action there.I have never seen a Border Collie use a Pig dog :P . Your reports always make me home sick. Keep them coming and thanks.

Thats a great action shot :woohoo:

I would love to get up there for some of that action. Hunting and fishing....what more could you want

what more could you want

Dirty women serving icy cold beer? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I like your way of thinking F nut... ;)

what more could you want

Dirty women serving icy cold beer? ;)

Archived