2012 Summer Classic - Noosa!

AFO

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict that the biggest Jack will go low 50's caught on Friday night although there will be many stories of Gigantic Jacks that got away ;) ,

Biggest flathead will be in mid 70's from the river mouth area taken from a yak :) ,

Only 1 Barra will be caught on Saturday afternoon in high 50's near lake Cootharaba entrance in my boat :P

And biggest Bass will come from up past Harrys hut in high 40's but will be a bit skinny :blink:

Good luck all

Maybe we can get a calcutter going on guessing the biggest measured of any species B) .

Yeh spose so what's ur plan
Ah I've been thinking tonight and I may change, instead of launching where I was going to I may paddle, it's about a 10km paddle though. Basically I'll be heading out Friday arvo into the evening and leaving at sparrows sat morning, will probably be out all day and not get back til arvo.

Has a book-in time been posted for Friday ? (or is it by email again ?)

Who is heading up Thursday ?

Who is heading up Friday ? What time ?

People should be emailed their numbers.

I realise that the overview presently says a Saturday and Sunday HQ however I will talk to other admin tonight about being there on the Friday as well for those that want to register on the day (there has been a lot of enquiry RE this).

If nothing else I think ill rock up on the friday morning for any that make it then.

Ill make some further clarifications tonight.

Looking forward to this event!

Angus

Tam and I will be going up Thursday morning,and wont have internet access up there,so are hoping we can sign in and get our Unique item and anglers numbers at HQ on the Friday morning up there

pretty sure we can get the friday arvo off... who's doing a night session friday?

my boat and i think carters boat will be heading out friday night to chase the jacks, Eug you keen on a night sesh?

definitely mate!! got a few spots from google maps that i'll bounce off you guys then.

Provided you can get the email and remember your number you should be fine. I will print off a dozen of the forms and will have at camp or somewhere.

(Assuming it is the same setup as the BRC this should work)

I will be up there either really early or mid morning Friday. Depends how I feel Thursday night. If I'm too excited I'll leave before the traffic, if not after the peak traffic.

I will leave the forms under the windscreen wipers of the Opal Blue Navara with a small round AFO sticker on the rear canopy window. The Nav will either be at the pub or in the camp grounds below.

Eug is Tina going or do you need a deckie?

Hey mate, I've entered Tina in but not sure if she'll fish. She usually just chills out taking pictures. It'll probably be a case of take it as it comes but you can jump on if there's space.

she could always hang with my girlfriend (Sam) she won't do any fishing but she may go shopping

Put me and my partner Troy down for a spit roast Sat night.

If anybody needs to access the internet to get information youre more than welcome to pop into the shack and use our computer and printer. 834 Cootharaba Road Cootharaba. Sign out the front. The shack phone number is 54853067, Will be here Thursday afternoon/night and my wife will be her till 8am Friday morning, I'll be fishing from 5am Friday morning but will back around lunch untill about 5pm. I'll leave Angus access to our computer and printer and laminator. Other wise if you have your rego ticket sent here we can print them out on Thursday night and leave them in the letter box or something fro you to pick up.

ZZzzZzZZzzZzzzzz zzzZZZZzzZZzzzz

I will call the pub on Thursday to confirm whats happening with the spit roast. This was numbers dependant but it looks like we could get there fairly easily. (As long as everyone thats entered turns up).

I think it was only 12 or 15 bucks or something as well for a mountain of meat and the trimmings. :)

If this falls through, rest assured the menu fair at the hotel is pretty damn awesome.

Angus

Tides are 5 hours plus for the mouth of Cootharaba compared to the tides at the river mouth so if its high tide at the river mouth at 4:55am on Friday morning it's low tide at Cootharaba mouth at 3:55am. Depth will vary only about .3 mtr from high to low tide because of the amount of water in Cootharaba.

For the lates report from davos go to this web address http://www.fishingnoosa.com.au/feb0212.htm ther was a nice barra caught last week :)

Tides are 5 hours plus for the mouth of Cootharaba compared to the tides at the river mouth so if its high tide at the river mouth at 4:55am on Friday morning it's low tide at Cootharaba mouth at 3:55am. Depth will vary only about .3 mtr from high to low tide because of the amount of water in Cootharaba.

For the lates report from davos go to this web address http://www.fishingnoosa.com.au/feb0212.htm ther was a nice barra caught last week :)

Hey Greg I was up your way today and called into hooked on tackle and they were saying it had been quiet up the top of the river and lake but he hadn't been up there for about 2 weeks so whats your thought on that

Archived