2012 Summer Classic - Noosa!

AFO

post-2216-144598707079_thumb.jpg

The 2012 'Fishing Mania' Summer Classic fishing competition run by Brisbane Fishing Online is taking place on

Friday 17th February - Sunday 19th February 2012.

TIME AND VENUE:

Event Headquarters (HQ) will be announced closer to the date, but will be located in the Noosa River vicinity, Noosa. The Event Headquarters is where you need to report for weighing-in (submitting photo entries) and prize presentation. The 2012 Summer Classic fishing competition will commence at 00:00am Friday 17th February 2012 and conclude at 12:00pm Sunday 19th February, with the prize presentation commencing at 12:30pm.

ENTRY FEE AND REGISTRATION:

If you register early for this event you can save with Early Bird rates. If entry fees are paid before 10th January 2012 the fee is $25 per competitor. Entries made after this date but before the competition are $40 per competitor. You can register on the day, however this can only be done at the Event HQ and only cash payments will be accepted. The fee for registering on the day at the event is $60 per competitor and the entry fee must be paid and report for briefing done before you commence fishing to be eligible to weigh-in. Entry forms not correctly filled out will render the entrants ineligible for the prize and trophy draw. All competitors will be able to sign-in online before the event and will be emailed the Unique Item and Angler Number so you will be able to start fishing first thing Friday morning. All fish photos however will need to be brought in to Event HQ to have them recorded. Event HQ will be manned 9am -12 midday Saturday and Sunday with BBQ and Prize Presentation after 12 midday on the Sunday. The Event HQ will be open from 9am - 12pm each day to submit entries of fish (if you need to turn up outside these hours to submit entries you may need to contact an event staff member to ensure someone is around). The night before the event each angler will receive a unique Competitor Number which will be used to identify them throughout the competition. Ensure you keep this number and return it to organisers at the prize presentation for inclusion in a possible lucky door prize. No number means no chance for lucky door prize.

BOUNDARIES:

The boundaries for the competition are from the mouth/bar of the Noosa River up river as far as you can go. Entrants may fish anywhere in between these limits. Entrants are advised to seek authority from private owners if intending to fish from the bank of privately owned land.

PRIZES:

There will be alot of prizes on offer for all categories as well as some fantastic fishing gear, tackle and accessories. At this stage we are still finalising the fishing gear prizes which we hope to have finalised soon.

LUCKY DOOR PRIZES:

There will be a lucky door prize at this event. At the prize presentation, we will put all Competitor Numbers into a hat and draw it randomly. Good luck!

2 seats on “Bite Me Charters†(RRP $600)

1 x Bias Boating Voucher (RRP $250)

2 Seats on "Whyteline Sportfishing Charter" (RRP $400)

2 x Subscriptions to Barra, Bass & Bream

1 x Night For 2 At The "Noosa Fishing Shack" (RRP $150)

PRIZE CATEGORIES:

1) LONGEST BASS

1st: - Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Nordic Stage Areal Gunslinger (RRP $500)

2nd:- Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Pontoon 21/Damiki Lure Pack (RRP $175)

3rd: -Damiki Lure Pack (RRP $50)

2) LONGEST MANGROVE JACK

The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Mangrove Jack over the course of the competition.

1st:- Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Nordic Stage Areal Jaeger (RRP $520)

2nd: - Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Pontoon 21/Damiki Lure Pack (RRP $175)

3rd: - Damiki Lure Pack (RRP $150)

3) LONGEST FLATHEAD

This category will consist of any Flathead species. The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Flathead over the course of the competition.

1st: - Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Nordic Stage Areal Gunslinger (RRP $500)

2nd - Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Pontoon 21/Damiki Lure Pack (RRP $175)

3rd: - Damiki Lure Pack (RRP $50)

4) BONUS FISH - LONGEST BARRAMUNDI

The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Barramundi caught over the course of the competition.

1st: - Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Fishing Mania Tournament Shirt & Damiki Lure Prize Pack (RRP $320)

5) JUNIOR ANGLER

This category will consist of the best fish submitted by a junior competitor (12 or under) during the competition. The winner of the best Junior Miscellaneous Fish will be the child whose fish scores highest in the event's miscellaneous ranking table.

1st: - Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack (RRP $100)

2nd: - Reaction Strike Cap

3rd: - Reaction Strike T-Shirt

STANDARD EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

By agreeing to compete in the 2012 Summer Classic fishing competition you also agree to our Standard Event Rules and Conditions which can be found Here

EVENT REGISTRATION:

Registration is done by going to www.australianfishing.com.au and click on Competitions > Event Registration from the main menu or simply following this link here. Now simply follow the easy process and pay online

If paying direct deposit our bank details are:-

Bank Name: Bank of Qld

Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124 001

Account Number: 20881585

and you MUST put your Event Name and Competitor Name in the transaction description/ reference. eg SC2012-D.SMITH (eg SC2012 for Summer Classic 2012 and D.SMITH for David Smith)

Please make all cheques/money orders payable to ‘Brisbane Fishing Online’ and note that your registration will only occur after money has cleared into our account. Post cheques and money orders to Brisbane Fishing Online, PO Box 1574 Milton Qld 4064

Registration fee payments can be done by Paypal, Direct Deposit, Cheque and Money Order (cash only if paying and registering at the event)

Please make sure you read and understand the information and rules above as well as our Standard Event Rules and Conditions before registering. If you experience any problems registering please email the admin team or post in the Summer Classic category in the AFO forum (you will need to be a AFO member to access the forum)

EVENT SPONSORS:

Searing Tackle - Damiki/Pontoon 21

Whyteline Sportfishing Charters

Barra, Bass & Bream

The Noosa Fishing Shack

Obsession Fishing/Nordic Stage Fishing Rods

Bias Boating

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Angus/AFO

This is going to be a lot of good fun, good people, good weather, great fishing !!!

What more could we ask for lol :woohoo:

We'll probably have a couple more items to add to the "Junior" prize list too so watch this space!!!

Good to see a few other sponsors coming on board as well :)

Dont thank me! Just saw this!

Thanks Webby.

Had an email from webby this morning and prize list will be finalised Sunday with the spaces filled.

Anyway I am off to Noosa for the weekend to pre fish for this event :P

Angus

I just need to work out finer details with the misses but at this stage were in.(4)I am planing a few overnighters up that way so by the time this comes around we should have the place well sussed out.

Thanks guys this looks like it has the potential to be 1 of the best comps on the afo calendar.

Count me in for this one for sure, anyone thinking of camping at johns landing?

Cheers

Mark

I just googles johns landing and found this as a review it leave's a lot to be desired but quite funny.

Our first thoughts were Wolf Creek also. What a creepy place, drove in and straight back out again. Cannot believe humans can live like that. We have never seen anything like it in our life time. We felt very uneasy as we were given directions to go in and have a look around. Not a pleasant place to visit, not recommended. The place should be bulldozed and cleaned up. What I want to know is, are the ferals care takers or do they own the property? I hope the shire council can do something to have it cleaned up or at least cleaned up once and for all

Cheers

Mark

I just googles johns landing and found this as a review it leave's a lot to be desired but quite funny.

Our first thoughts were Wolf Creek also. What a creepy place, drove in and straight back out again. Cannot believe humans can live like that. We have never seen anything like it in our life time. We felt very uneasy as we were given directions to go in and have a look around. Not a pleasant place to visit, not recommended. The place should be bulldozed and cleaned up. What I want to know is, are the ferals care takers or do they own the property? I hope the shire council can do something to have it cleaned up or at least cleaned up once and for all

Thanks for the heads up there Dassa, I wonder how long ago that was posted and if the place had changed at all? Still keen to camp might just look at other options instead.

Cheers

Mark

I was told once that Johns Landing had a bunch of ferals that lived permantly in the park in old run down caravans but have since been moved on and the place cleaned up a lot.

Last report was some guys saying what a great place it was to camp right on the river and quite a good boat ramp.

Super keen for this one... will have to check my roster.

Will have a deckie spot if I'm able to go!!!!

Freshy

Whack in for a couple of rec leave days and the weekend off.... I am going to have some time off before then, so will include that weekend and deckie for you.

Sounds like a good comp, good prizes, and good entry fee.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks for the heads up there Dassa, I wonder how long ago that was posted and if the place had changed at all? Still keen to camp might just look at other options instead.

Cheers

Mark

I quite liked this review on Google:

Is this the place they filmed deliverence? The only person missing was Burt Reynolds.

I think the hippies might make the stay entertaining

Just came back from a weekend up there.

I checked out a fair few places for accomadation and will do a seperate thread on these. In short there is tonnes of locations including the hotel, motels and 3 seperate camping grounds.

Aussie123: Mate its a huge system and people will most probably be staying all over the place. Thus the HQ will be a drive for some people no matter what. By making it at the Hotel (if possible) we ensure we the HQ can double as an awesome location for a big saturday night social, central for the majority, have ammenities for staff, are close to several boat ramps, have secure lock up for computers and prizes etc, and most importantly a constant and reliable source of power so we can keep track of entries etc. The decision was made by the events commitee to increase the event to 3 days as opposed to 2 in order to ensure there was plenty of time for participants to get around.

Cheers.

Angus

Hey Guys

We drove in to Johns Landing camp ground this morning to catch up with the guys from the Noosa Jack Off who were staying there

The guys who stayed there found it ok, they were there in good numbers and had a large area to themselves.

But for $5 a night you will get what you pay for lol

Location wise for fishing it's great as it's right on the river and has a boat ramp to launch from, for guys with Yak's it's also very easy to launch and can get stuck in to the fish pretty quickly.

With HQ planned to be at Boreen Point I would look to stay else where other the John's landing that is more central.

Personally I found the place is a little creepy!!! and was waiting for Banjo's to start playing and for my car to mysteriously break down never to leave the place again hahaha

For those who were talking about permanent residents, they are still there and apparently quite a diverse bunch but the guys fishing the jack off said they kept to themselves

There is also a dirt road / rocky road that runs for 2kms so no real drama but could be a pain in the butt for some cars !!!

P.S The pub at Boreen Point has an awesome menu that did not disappoint and the food tasted great, there is also accommodation there which looked quite good but not sure of the final details

Anyway hope this helps

Cheers, Manni

is there camping available close too or at the pub if it is going to be the base?

in my opinion the thing that makes these events great is the social aspect of everyone staying at the one place.

cant see sat night at the pub being real good if no one can have a drink because they have to drive allover the district to return to thier accomodation

is there camping available close too or at the pub if it is going to be the base?

in my opinion the thing that makes these events great is the social aspect of everyone staying at the one place.

cant see sat night at the pub being real good if no one can have a drink because they have to drive allover the district to return to thier accomodation

There is a Boreen Point Camp ground and there is accom at the Hotel.

Archived