Where to find Carp & Tilapia

sam@2bentrods.com.au

Hi Everyone,

As most of you know 2 Bent Rods primarily teaches kids shore based fishing.

We have added in a new Fish Wise Program where we are targeting carp & tilapia and would like some suggestions on where to go. We take school groups targeting these fish over the school holidays.

I know most of the larger lakes, dams & rivers have them.

I suppose we are looking more for smaller places in the suburbs, close to schools would be great, so they can cut down on bus costs.

We run the programs from Maroochydore to Tweed and out to Toowoomba.

Even if it is a council park that's ok, I know Forest Lake has them and I am currently trying to get approval to run the council program there. I'm probably bumping my head against a brick wall, but you've got to try.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

i know there is a park in the suburb of kingston of the highway that is jam packed full of tillies..if you are or are not allowed to fish there im' not sure, but have been through there with bread & the tillies there are choking up the system...might be worth giving that a geez mate.

Please excuse you my poor use of google maps but if the link works it should show the upper reaches of perrin creek in morningside, this full of tilapia!

you should be able to get access from algoori street of junction road

hope this helps
/>http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&ll=-27.463519,153.080202&spn=0.005455,0.009645&t=h&z=17&vpsrc=6

Thanks guys

I have sent off my requests to a couple of councils so will have to wait & see what they say.

Please feel free to keep adding spots as I have a huge area to cover.

I know there are fishing restrictions however the Indigiscapes at Redland council is full of large Tilapia. You may get a license. The same goes with the dams at Mt Cotton.

/>http://www.indigiscapes.com.au/Pages/default.aspx

I know there are fishing restrictions however the Indigiscapes at Redland council is full of large Tilapia. You may get a license. The same goes with the dams at Mt Cotton.

/>http://www.indigiscapes.com.au/Pages/default.aspx

I'd have hoped they would welcome you removing the Tilapia. Indigiscapes are very pro removing pest introduced plant species.

I have been given a permit by the Moreton Bay Regional Council to fish in the ponds at Pine Rivers Park, North Lakes & Centenary Lakes.

I am surprised that whole process has only taken a week. At least they seem to be on the same page in helping to get rid of these fish.

I am still trying for Forest Lake, being a different council, this is going to take a while.

Archived