What is your opinion on TABS and Clark Boats

ozskippy

hey guys so the time has come for me to upgrade the tinny. Ihave been looking at the TABS territory pro 4.9m or the clark dominator 4.85.. has anybody been out in these boats or heard anything about them.. i am wanting nit for predominantly bay work, but hoping to head outside on a good day and into the smaller rivers coomera etc occasionally. would these be suitable. also would love to hear your opinion on some motors have been looking at the mercury optimax 75hp, the mercury 4 stroke 75hp or the Yamaha 70 hp. you thought would be really appreciated

Mate i have been looking at the tabs for a while now and I can't fault them but I know very little about the Clark but in the old days alot of pro boats used the Clark as tenders for mother ships out on the reef and a guy I work with picks up hes new clark this week (485)the 1 on the back of the page of BNB.

Another guy I know just bought the new 5400 tabs pro with all the bells and whistles and WOW what a boat but Andy's running a 90 Suzuki on his.

But if it was me I would be taking a second look at the tabs I think they a better finished rig but have a look at it with a Suzuki 4stroke better running cost's then the other 2 but that's my opinion

cheers dassa

yeah thanks mate the clark i am looking at is the same one so i would love to hear about his thoughts when he gets it. the 70 yamaha has been suggested because of it super light weight but i would really love some on the water opinions. the TABS does look very nice indeed, same money so hard to split

I have a clark abalone 4.65 center console with a 60hp yamaha on it. Absolutely love it mate. Cant fault anything with them. The 60 hp is perfect for it. I take it outside all the time. Very stable boat. Stick to two stroke yamaha if you can mate. Youl need the torque when you get big swell outside And take a raincoat with you if you get center console. We have about 5 showers coming back to river on rough day.

Its a good boat though you wont go wrong. Dominators are good too nearly bought 1 when i was looking for big boat.

Shane

The sea jay you mentioned is a top boat, if I was going new I would have gone the territory. Have ridden in them and thought they were awesome. Great room on the casting deck, nice high sides and it comes ready made with a minn kota plate.

Have never been in a tabs but they look like a very tidy boat.

Either way, good luck with your decision mate!

Archived