Suggestions for beginners?

Thirstyman

Hi All, My girlfriend and I recently bought a tent at the anaconda sale so are now trying to plan a camping trip sometime in the near future.

Does anyone have any spots they recommend for us? Just looking for a chilled beach location with toilets and preferably showers. I had looked at Elanda point up past Noosa and that looks pretty nice, but was maybe thinking straddy aswell.

(We dont have a 4wd either)

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

My girl & I have a passion for 'easy' camping & the best of the last 10 years has easily been the fabulous MUNNA POINT (Noosaville).

We do better fishing off that beach than anything we catch from the boat up there. Restaurants & cafe's are a pleasant 10min stroll away along the esplanade. Protected deep water channel runs directly past the camp site and the view from the waterfront sites just have to be seen to be believed.

North Currigee (Sth Straddie) comes in a close second - but you need a boat to get all your gear there (no cars allowed).

Mate I am usually Straddy bias but also have a new found love of the upper noosa.

With this in mind I would say you have nailed two perfect options straight up.

The Camp Grounds are Boreen Point are good as well but the ones at Elanda have boat and canoe hire. You can write it off as Summer Classic research as well :P

Amity, Adder Rock and Cylindar camp grounds at Straddy all have facilities and dont require a 4WD. I would choose one of the latter 2 if you want to fo some Point Lookout Rock Fishing or the first if you want quick access onto the bay.

Cheers.

Angus

Mate I am usually Straddy bias but also have a new found love of the upper noosa.

With this in mind I would say you have nailed two perfect options straight up.

The Camp Grounds are Boreen Point are good as well but the ones at Elanda have boat and canoe hire. You can write it off as Summer Classic research as well :P

Amity, Adder Rock and Cylindar camp grounds at Straddy all have facilities and dont require a 4WD. I would choose one of the latter 2 if you want to fo some Point Lookout Rock Fishing or the first if you want quick access onto the bay.

Cheers.

Angus

+1 for Straddy. You can not get a better place for you and the other half. The fishing is good for land based as well.

Brunswick Heads is also a great option.

Agree - we spent a 4 day w'end at Brunswick River camping and had a great time. Powered sites even!

Boat was a bit big for the river but we still made it all the way up river to Mullumbimby.

Heaps of free gas BBQ's & amenities areas too.

Or, if you are considering a more southerly location, Yamba and Iluka down in NSW is a great spot, especially if you get a spot at the Calypso holiday park there. its within walking distance of a great beach, as well as the rock wall and river, so plenty of fishing options. All your regular amenities, and the park is litterally right next to the main drag of the town.

Cheers,

Jordan

Archived