Goldy quicky - Wednesday November 30

marty

Decided on a quick Jack fish before work this morning - last few days have been fairly hot and a cooler change is due tomorrow so this seemed the ideal day to go. Fished a couple of spots for a small Moses Perch before finally hooking a legal Jack - managed to get it away from structure before fumbling the net shot and watching it swim away. Not happy and a few choice words were muttered!

Fished with an upside smile for the next hour or so before finally hooking another red fish. This one went a little harder and was determined to get back home to the pylon but with a bit of luck and the help of the current I talked him out of it.

Managed a couple of Big Eyes on surface before the wind came up. All fish were released. Water temp was 27-28 degrees.

Marty

post-3606-144598720727_thumb.jpg

well done Marty, i thought you had been a bit quite of late, no doubt concentrating on getting one of these red devils. a 50+ model, first in the boat for this season, things should only get better. cheers BK

BK,

I have managed a few this season, but this is the biggest to date. Has been a few hours between fish too :S How has your hunt for Jacks been going?

Leighton,

Always happy to send fish pics to deckies when they are not on the boat - after all, you would, and have done the same many times to me! Would have been awesome to catch that second fish on the GoPro - the fish had the upper hand early in the fight.

Howie,

I chase Jacks with lures from 40-90mm. I mainly fished the 65 to suit the depth of water I was fishing as the tide was low. I had six rigged rods on board and regularly swapped them throughout the morning trying to crack a pattern.

Marty

BK,

I have managed a few this season, but this is the biggest to date. Has been a few hours between fish too :S How has your hunt for Jacks been going?

Marty

still yet to boat one, last week i got smashed on a popper right at my feet, i saw him, he gave me a cheeky grin, and said stuff you , im taking your popper, so i have learnt that i should use more than 8lb leader when surface fishing for jacks!!!!

Archived