Braid cheaper on Ebay if you persist

Feral

Here is a good example of Braid bargains you can get if you persist! (No I didn't win it I dont like fireline)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200121816845&rd=1&rd=1

Thats about $26 Australian for 3 spools at your door!

They have another auction of the same size and amount ending in a day or so, just look at the sellers other items.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/07/05 05:27

G'day feral, I just bought a 2 spools of this

/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140130366345

also got a heap of poisontails and roadrunner (revhead) jigs, spinnerbaits, all shipped for $14 US, nice guy too.

Incredible pricing compared to the the spinnerbait and jighead prices locally.

The braid cost me $5 US per 300 yard spool, looks like old technology but worth a punt for the price.

cheers

Feral wrote:

They have another auction of the same size and amount ending in a day or so, just look at the sellers other items.<br><br>Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/07/05 05:27

Great... Now everyone on here will be bidding against me!

Feral, you sure you are not cutting a commission on this stuff?

Just joking....

Just dont like it. If I am going to fish with mono, I'll use mono! I just prefer actual braided line if not using mono, dont like the gel spuns.

Whoops I tell a lie, I just remembered I have some 20lb firewire on my 3000 series barra reel, I use it as backing behind the 20lb spiderwire!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/07/05 18:30

G'day all , I'd really like to buy some stuff from www.cabelas.com (In particular the road runner jigs). they have some really good sales on a regular basis. The only problem is they charge 40% of the total cost for air freight.

If anyone is interested in some gear from their site and splitting the freight costs 2 or 3 ways please let me know. may not be straight away but somewhere down the track.

I know a few car forums that organise group buys from time to time and it saves them a bundle so just thought I'd throw up the idea here.

BTW I do buy my tackle locally when I can and the price is reasonable.

Last week I bought 2 unpainted jigheads locally for $7.95

This week I found you can buy 20 of much the same, if not superior item - in a choice of colors.. for $12

Sorry for the rant but it just gets annoying that you have to pay five or ten times the price for some items here.

cheers

Uhhh ohhh.... I found Ebay and the fishing shop stores.

Already bought these

/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320133391092&rd=1&rd=1

and waiting on some more stuff to finish soon.

Have put a snipe bid in for the other set of that fireline that is there.

This sounds like it could get as addictive as actually using the stuff!

Missed out on the braid as I mucked up the bid increment with the sniper so it didnt process.

BUT managed to pick up all this for $20 delivered

SQUIRMIES - SOFT PLASTIC SAMPLE PACK C 30 PIECES (320133391092) 1 AU $0.99 AU $0.99

SQUIRMIES SHAD JUNIORS 55mm Pack of 10 - A (320134082023) 1 AU $0.99 AU $0.99

Angels of Death - Broken Hearts Lures 85mm - 5 Pack (320133392571) 1 AU $7.50 AU $7.50

Easiest way to do it is use E-bays new \"Bid assistant\" feature.

What you do is find something crappy and real cheap (dont forget postage needs to be cheap to!)that finishes a minute before the one you really want, put in a 99c bid on the crappy thing, and your fair dinkum bid on the item you want. The bid assistant wont bid on the second item until the first one expires, which is 1 minute before the second one finishes. Warning there is a risk you might end up getting the crappy 99c you bid on though!

Otherwise sit on it yourself and do it manually 10 seconds before the end.

Archived